Friday, April 16, 2010

Something's Smelling Good!

The other day, I made some banana-nut bread that came out of the oven smelling heavenly!
                          
As witnessed by the crowd it drew into the kitchen.
                          
Soldier hit the spot: Oh, it's coming from here, the oven! See, I told you, I have a pretty good nose.
Good for you, my Soldier boy! And of course I'll share some with you all when it cools off.


There is just something about baking bread, even if I with my diabetes can't eat much of it. (My husband loves home-baked breads, so I keep whatever I bake in the freezer for when he comes home. And, of course I'll eat some too. )


Banana-Nut Bread

Preheat oven to 325

½ cup butter
1 cup sugar or ¾ cup honey
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3 medium bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
1 cup regular flour
I cup wheat flour
1/3 cup hot water
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2 + t. cinnamon
1 t. ginger

Melt butter and blend in sugar. Mix in eggs and bananas.
Sift flour with dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to
banana mixture, alternately with hot water. Stir in nuts.

You really can't go wrong with this one.

Thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails