Monday, October 18, 2010

My Monday Morning

Could it be that fall has finally come to the canyon?


I woke up to dark clouds and a threat of rain so I decided it was time to visit



the wood pile. From where I couldn't carry anything heavy, but my husband left logs by the house, so I can bring them in when I feel like making a fire. This morning, I only wanted to pick up some kindling and be outside for a while. It was cool and crisp and felt like fall has finally arrived.



But first I sat on my little bench for a while, watching the ravens fly by and reflecting on how wonderful it is to be surrounded by so much serenity. This raven flew by so fast, he is nothing but a speck against the clouds in this picture. Can you see him?


We have a lot of construction wood and I like to burn the thin flat pieces for starter wood. So I filled my little bucket several times and carried the kindling back to the house. Rachael put my wheelbarrow in the shed for me because there is no way I can handle it right now. But walking up the little hill to the wood pile and carrying the kindling back several times at least gave me some badly needed exercise.


Inside the house, the dogs decided to get some exercise of their own. Once again, 12-year old Angel initiated a fun game of -- Look at me!! I stole Samson's piece of wood! -- She ran around the coffee table with his stick in her mouth. Here she just dropped it on the couch, without Samson noticing, so he's still chasing her, while Soldier's looking on, barking like crazy.


I guess we have a stand off here. Soldier says to Samson: "Well, are you going to go for the stick or not? Chicken!" Samson didn't dare to go past Angel and get his stick, so I picked it up and put it away for a while. She is something else my Angel. No wonder I have fallen so in love with the German shepherd breed.


We all had a fun morning and we all hope you have a nice Monday.

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely morning! I adore the picture of the sky and I can see the raven! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a "fun" time had by all.....my house is very open...just one big room really.....sometimes i think Max & Mia are in a NASCAR rally,,,,,

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you all had a great time... You're dogs are so precious, and I am SO ENVIOUS of your desert canyon living and it's peace, Inger. Enjoy your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he he! I love it when you feature your dogs. They all have so much personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, oooh, I kind of saw the raven.
    Your dogs are so full of personality. That Angel sure is special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how Angel instigates trouble and the other two seem to just bark like they're telling on her. :)

    The sky was lovely in that shot. Glad you got to move around a bit. Don't be using that wheelbarrow too soon! I know how antsy one gets to be back to normal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are moving around too. Even a little bit of movement is important. We are readying our woodpile as well. Nothing like a fire when the chill hits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get over the landscape around you. Inger what better place for healing!
    And of course your dogs. They really seem to compliment each other.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo! I like the picture of the sky and the raven so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiona: Thank you, we do get wonderful skies here. They may be blue for weeks, but when the clouds come in they are spectacular.

    Blue Ridge Boomer: I know what you mean about the races.

    Chambray Blue: Blogging has really helped me appreciate what a wonderful place this is.

    Louise: They all say thank you, Louise. And when do we get featured again?

    AJ-Oaks: For her age, I think Angel is really great and she is having fun, which is the main thing.

    texwisgirl: All outside chores will have to wait until spring.

    Farmchick: I used to be in such a good shape before these accidents happened. But I will get it back, I am determined.

    Jabacue: Coming from someone with all that shoreline to enjoy, that's quite something, Jim. It is wonderful here and I'm appreciating it more and more after I get comments like yours and others. It's working out well, having Samson here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terry: I'm glad you saw him. I'm not good at capturing birds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi inger - i love seeing the pics of your dogs doing the indy 500 in your living room. fun! do you have fires outside ever during fall or winter? sounds like your monday started off nicely. i hope you are feeling well and getting the medical care you need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm catching up on your posts here and have you in my blog roll now so I won't forget. I really love the area you live in perhaps even more than this beautiful country I now live in. This is because I've spent a lot of fun times in the high desert and love the whole atmosphere of it. The German Shepherd is such a wonderful breed if I wasn't so stuck on the Weims I'd probably have one as they were my Dad's favorite dogs. Nan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad for your happy day....And don't you love it when you get to use up the firewood?:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is so funny! I miss so much fun by not having pets, but I'm past being able to care for them. We usually spend Christmas with one of our sons and his family; they have five small dogs and it is so much fun to be with them, as well as the family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our leaves around here haven't started changing yet-I am ready, though.I can't wait for that first fire in the fireplace.
    Always love hearing about the dogs' antics. Each with his or her own personality, life would be entirely too boring without our pets.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh, love those babies of yours...I miss my dog Goldie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I was a child we had about 3 german shepard dogs altogether. I loved them, especially as puppies when they would play with me with boundless energy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails