Monday, November 1, 2010

Husband Distraction.....

Just a note to thank all of you for your comments. Sounds like you had a fun Halloween. We had a great time too, no trick or treaters, so very peaceful. My husband has been here for several days and I haven't had much time to read and comment on your blogs. Things should get better in that respect tomorrow. We are busy with chores today and I just came in here for a rest break. I have to say I admire those of you who find time to blog while taking care of husbands, children, dogs, cats, horses, donkeys, pigs, chickens, and so on. I'm so used to being alone by now, that when hubby arrives, it's like a huge event. I have been treated to great food and managed to bake a nice banana nut bread all by myself yesterday. I mean a wife has to do something in the kitchen after all. And, of course, I do the dishes too. We don't have a dishwasher here and tons of dishes are generated from all the cooking that produces all that great food I'm always talking about when my hubby is here.


Have a great day and I'll catch up with you all soon!

18 comments:

  1. Every time my husband is home for any length of time, I gain at least 5 lbs from all his cooking (and all my eating!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to sound awful and horrid...but I so wish I wouldn't have to make meals on a daily basis for anyone!!!!!!
    (I actually think I would love it if my hubby worked away for a time so i could have a break;)))

    I hope you enjoy having him home:)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Sometimes DH can put a klinker in my blogging! Wanting food or clean clothes, jeesh!

    It sounds like you had some nice "together" time! I have a dishwasher and when he's gone, I do them just before he comes home! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oaky, dokey! That banana nut loaf sounds good!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be cookin' and cleanin', but I bet he's worth it. The blog can wait. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, I want to hear all about the good food. Share some recipes from the canyon when you get some time off hubby. Yes, the nerve of those husbands. Food, water, clean laundry, attention....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You enjoy every minute with your hubs, you deserve it :) I am sure he is enjoying you. That nut bread--oh yum.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your time together - we'll be here when you get back :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You enjoy your husband...you'll probably need a few days to recover afterwards too!! LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you & your hubby got to spend Halloween together. It seems like as soon as Halloween is over, it is New Year's before you know it. Time just flies during the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your time with your husband Inger. I also don't have a dish washer so over weekends that side of housekeeping can get quite hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you have had some down time and time with your husband!! sounds like the slowdown is indeed peaceful. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should enjoy the time with DH to the fullest. Like you, I admire those who can keep up with everything in their life (husbands, kids, entire farms of animals, some volunteering on tops) and have the most amazing and regular blog posts. I would really like to know their secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. No dish washer here either....what is the need when you got 2 good hands and a strong back! Besides I stand their and stare and lick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Husbands can be the best distractions... :) Glad yours came home safe and sound.

    I know what you mean about the dishes -- I make huge messes on the weekends when he's home, and I am the only dishwasher here as well. But I enjoy it, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't see how you have done as much as you did considering that poor shoulder. Anything new on that topic? Or, maybe I missed it. I better check for posts I may have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm behind in my blog visits too. I enjoyed reading about your visit with your friend. Great photos and love those donkeys...

    I'll come back to see if there is more to catch up on later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails