Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Welcome Sandy, I'm so happy you signed up to follow my blog. 


On this Thanksgiving morning, I first want to thank all of you for your comments on yesterday's post. I'm thinking that I no longer live here alone so much. I feel like I have so many new friendships and so much caring coming from all of you. It is something I am truly grateful for on this day. 


Terry asked about the photo of me and Soldier: My husband took it Christmas 2008. I love that afghan that I got from the local thrift-shop for $8.00!


I also want to give thanks for all the good things in my life. After I had cancer 11 years ago, I began something that started out as a bargaining tool, you know, please don't let me die, kind of thing. Now it has become a simple gratitude prayer for each new day and it has now moved me from fear to peace. "Thank you Lord for this new and beautiful day and for all my blessings." It is very simple, but it reminds me. Life has not been all that easy this past year, but I am so grateful that I am here in my home with my husband and pets on this Thanksgiving Day. And that I have good friends both of the kind I can physically hug and all of you out there.


We are getting ready to go to my BIL's house for Thanksgiving dinner. So I won't have any time today and maybe not tomorrow either to visit your blogs. But catch up I will, soon.


Have a wonderful day everyone and enjoy your meal. I'm sure many of you have been working hard on giving your family and friends the very best from you kitchens.


Inger

17 comments:

  1. Our satellite is going in and out with the wind...

    Happy Thanksgiving, Inger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Inger! And to your family as well! I too am grateful for the community of friends I've discovered here in the blogging world. Glad you are one of mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on the prayer of thanks. Not a day goes by that I do not thank the Lord for all that he has given me. I never did this when I was younger but now that I'm almost 70 next June I really am thankful for all the years I was given, my good health, and good life.
    The best to your today on Thanksgiving. Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Inger, to you, your husband and all your precious pups. I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend. -danni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful day with your critters and we'll hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, dear Inger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your dinner with your BIL! I enjoy getting to know you on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, thank you. After having cancer 8 years ago and being so blessed to be cancer free I'm grateful for everything. I agree that simple prayers are the best, sometimes mine are no more that "Thank You God".

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pleasure has been all mine Inger. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one and you ate till you couldn't move!!! lol
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving Inger. Okay, here we go with the abbreviations again. BIL > hmmm.. not sure who that is. brother-in-law? I'm trying. LOL. Inger, I didn't know you had cancer... I hope and pray that is all in the past and that you are okay now. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures and posts through blogging> always a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Inger- Happy Thanksgiving to you and your entire family! I just got caught up on your blog. I love the pic comparisons of you in the 70s & now -- very cool. That pyrex dish may have been one that I gave you awhile back. I am very grateful for your friendship, and for your shared love of my critters:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all have so have so much to be thankful for, Inger. I hope you had a nice holiday as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. inger - not much to say except this is another heart warming post and i'm glad the days have turned into years regarding good health. i hope this tough year will mean an easy one next year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inger,

    Hope your Thanksgiving was great. I like your prayer of thanks offered daily.... Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Inger, I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. You are a dear blog friend and I love to read your posts and feel I am getting to know you through this wonderful blog world. I am thankful for that :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post Inger. I am so glad you are recovering from breast cancer and have a wonderful life with your hubby and animals. In the end - that is what is important. I enjoy your blog a lot..thanks for the welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails