Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday's Treasures & Things

This Tuesday's treasure is an original painting by Susan Holm, titled "Touch my Grain Bowl and You’re History."

I love this painting: The sweet-faced donkey, who could so easily put the dog in his place; the dog, who is trying to look mean, but is not quite sure if the grain is worth a fight he may not win; and the aloof cat, looking the other way. 



If you want to put some sunshine in your day, if you want to smile a huge smile, if you want to just feel happy, please check out Susan's web site: www.artistsusanholm.com There you will find paintings from Susan Holm's farm, inspired by her interactions with the animals she rescued that now live on the farm.

I don't know Susan Holm, I found out about her art at a silent auction at the rescue next door, where I bought this painting. But if I had money to spare, my home would be filled with her art.

20 comments:

  1. I can see how her paintings make you happy! I will have to go check out her site!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Yes, that donkey could certainly take care of that dog if he wanted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting is really cute!

    I changed the settings with the backlinks (I don't even know what they are!) and I clicked on every setting in the comment area to confirm my choices - I am glad it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brave dog he is! My horse once purposely stepped on my Jack Russel, not hard but enough to pin him under her hoof, because he was too close to her grain bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These paintings would be easy to live with--her work makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the painting sure is cute....i love it..
    www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen that expression on my animals, except it was Lorenzo the llama, and Rudee. Rudee backed down fast... Lovely painting.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. She didn't have as many paintings on her site as I had hoped for, but I think you can see she loves her animals and can express it in her art. Thanks for commenting and I am so glad you liked the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This painting is precious!! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Animals interacting with each other are more entertaining than people!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very fun painting, such expression! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great depiction of a farm life scene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it...thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how she is able to show what the animals are thinking. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is beautiful! That little donkey is such a good soul. You can see the love for animals in every stroke of the brush she makes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why Inger. This is a lovely painting. There is something about donkeys. Have you ever been tempted to have one.......

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's lovely! Louise is right, you can sense the love in each brush stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her art! I enjoy learning about this type of artist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails