Thursday, July 7, 2011

Update from a Kern County, California, Library

First, thank you so much for all your well wishes. After I posted last time, my computer sputtered and finally refused to come on at all. I decided to take a break from it all, but will look into it sometime soon. Of course I have missed you all and I am wondering what is going on with everyone. It is amazing how close I feel to you all.

Right before my computer conked out, I really, really went through and read all my follower's blogs. And all those I follow too. I wanted to find out who was who and what was going on. Then I had wanted to organzie a few things, but that has to wait now.

All is well in the canyon. My husband and I have worked pretty hard in the past week. Well, he has worked the hardest, of course. He dug a trench and put in pipes so our washing machine could be hooked up. And it has been, so no more laundromat for me! So great!

We have also moved everything that could be considered a fire hazard and cleaned up around the house and shed. Then we took everything out of the shed and organized it, this so we could reach the washing machine, which was buried, pretty much. And, finally, grading around the house for fire safety. A lot of work has been done and we are both happy about it. I have looked forward to having my hubby home here and working with him on all these things for years now. As those of you who have followed me for a while know.

On the fourth of July, while he was busy cooking outside, the sky opened up, marble sized hail fell, and I had to run to the cars to close windows. It was amazing, fun, but the hail really hurt as it fell on my head. And for the past several days, the weather has been humid and it has rained every day. Strange for our desert canyon, but nice also.

For my back, I have decided to try Fosomax after getting a second opinion. We'll see how that will work out.

I think I have some new followers, I haven't looked at my blog yet. Welcome and I will do a better welcome once I get my computer together at home. It says I have 19 minutes left here, so I have to go and check my email too.

I will stay in touch, take care and thanks for all your comments and good wishes.

Oh, today is Samson's birthday! He is two! And he got to ride with his Daddy to the gas station this morning. And go for a walk. He was a very happy doggie!

25 comments:

  1. It is so good to hear from you again. Better yet when the news are such nice ones!

    Rain? Oh, you lucky girl! Hurray! We've been under threat over and over again, but two drops doesn't count for anything... :)

    Please tell Samson I sent a kiss!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been thinking of you and hoping you were not ill. SO glad to hear it was just your computer!

    happy birthday to sweet samson. tell him we miss him too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've checked your blog a couple of times and saw it wasn't fixed yet. So good to hear from you!

    Happy Birthday to Samson!

    See you when you get your computer fixed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you! :)

    Glad to hear your area got some rain--that must be nice.

    Happy Birthday to Samson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your computer gets repaired soon. I felt so lost without mine. Guess we'll have to burn some cell phone minutes to stay in touch once in a while. Glad you're staying on top of the Bone problem and trying the new meds. I was thrilled all over again to read that you finally have your washing machine hooked up. That will make life so much easier out there in your wilderness place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear from you again. Been thinking of you, and wondering if your computer finally conked out.

    You sure have gotten a lot of work done around the place. That gives one a real sense of accomplishment.

    Happy Birthday Samson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good to hear from you and to hear that all is well. It sounds like you two have been really hard at work.
    Tucker says to tell Samson "Happy Birthday" and he also mentioned that Samson deserves a special treat!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update, I have missed your posts. Good thinking on the fire preparations. We are experiencing really hot weather and have had no rain, so wild fires are a daily battle. Happy B'day to Samson!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was getting concerned

    I hope Sampson got to stick his head out the window on his ride

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Inger. It's so good to know all is well. Happy Birthday Samson, and Gracie sends a big slurpy birthday kiss your way! I had no idea you were only 2 years old. So you like the older girls, huh? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wondering how you are doing. Happy Birthday to Samson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. darn those pesky computers - sounds like you have lots to do and that's a good thing...get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Min kara Inger--SO GLAD to have you back, even if it's just temporary! Take care of those bones (& the rest of you, too).

    Why do dogs love to stick their heads out of the window when they're riding in a car & yet hate it when you blow in their faces? I hope it's not my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost forgot--HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Samson! Please give him a cookie from me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Inger .. glad all is well and you've been having one of those lovely times doing what you want to do .. and just enjoying being together and with the dogs - two years .. Happy Birthday Samson .. better stay loving to the boss to get more walks in!

    Hope things get sorted out .. look after yourselves .. and enjoy the summer .. hailstones - boy those can be huge and 'deadly' .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to hear from you, Inger! I am glad all is well and I hope you manage to do some magic on your PC.

    Vse najboljše za rojstni dan, Samson! (all the best on your BD, in Slovene).

    Have a spectacular summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to Samson. He's a beautiful dog but so big and hairy. He must hate those hot days you get out there. Don't work too hard and look after your back.

    Hope you got your mail read before the time ran out. I hate that. How did we manage in the days of dial-up connections?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sophie sends Samsom one big lick for his birthday!!!
    Good to hear things are moving right along for you Inger. That hail sounded interesting.
    Good luck with the new med.
    See you when I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well... Although i'm not one for leaving comments too often, i do love following your blogs, so i hope your back with us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you're back. Funny how we bloggers feel so connected... funny, but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad to hear that you are okay. Sorry about the computer though. They can be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Inger Hope you get your computer working soon. I know how much you love blogging. I know how those big hail stones hurt. We have them quite often. My car always sits out and often they are large enough to put dents in a car.
    Take care
    Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

    ReplyDelete
  23. happy birthday Samson, all year long!

    and Inger, so glad your hubby is home and you two are having 'quality" work time :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Inger! Glad to see that you are ready for a come back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday to Samson (belatedly)!
    I am delighted to have found your blog. It was thanks to fishducky who directed me here to look at her fabulous window and mirrors.
    I am featuring her on my blog and am sending others over to you. You have a lovely blog here and it is such a peasure to read it.
    Hope you are back online again soon.
    Warm wishes
    Carol
    www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails