Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Another Update from the Library

Hello everyone and thank you so much for caring if I blog or not. That makes me feel great! And I miss you a lot. I hope this finds all of you well and that there are no more fires, hurricanes, floods, etc. out there. A thunderstorm came through after I wrote last with the kind of wild lightning I really haven't seen since New Jersey. It set 50 fires in our county -- one of which threatened homes in Tehachapi, but at the other end of town. No fires started in our canyon -- something to be grateful for. All the fires are out now and the weather was really great for a few weeks, then the heat came back again. But nights are cool in the high 30s low 40s. I worry about the veggies and frost now. We started them too late for some to ripen before the cool weather, I think. But then I always find something to worry about.

I have no idea what to write about and I think this is taking the shape of a letter to my blogger friends instead of a "real" post. On my way here I saw a flock (? - or what ever it is called, I'm sure flock is wrong) of turkey vultures. I was driving and had to look up at their beauty as they soared on the wind. Turkey vultures come through the Tehachapi pass by the thousands in October and they are a sight to behold. 

Soldier had another encounter with a toad and got sprayed with their uncomfortable defense poison. They never learn, these dogs. See something moving and they have to get it. After Bandit got bitten by a rattle snake, he was looking for it for weeks to retaliate, or so it seemed. Same with Soldier, he's still looking for the critter.  

I am working with Samson and it's going well. He is very willing and able to learn and responds really well to praise. Nothing else is needed, no biscuits or anything like that. Now that I am feeling much better and can do this, started to brush him every day and that has cut back on all the fur left around the house, and, of course, made him look very pretty, which I hope is not going to his head. You never know with Samson. And he does miss his blogging. He misses his Gracie too. He told me he wondered if she would think him very handsome now that he gets groomed so often.

It occurred to me that I could upload some photos from Picasa, but now I'm running out of time, so here is just one, showing a bored Samson, saying: "I have so much to blog about, Mommy, and now that I can't I'm so BORED! So I do what I do when all else fails: Take a nap! Bye everyone and have a nice day! Yawn!"


That said: Fran don't worry about the computer though. I will get it when I get it and that's good enough for me.

14 comments:

  1. glad to hear all is well there. texas is starting to get spots of rain here and there - we got enough to stave off the fire danger again so i am so grateful! hi samson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if your posts will change once you can do it from home rather than the library? Either way, I find your entries interesting! And I have never seen a turkey vulture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're more patient than I am--I wish I could have given it to you last momth!!

    Samson looks a lot like me, except he has more hair. Or could it just be the pose....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear from you, Inger and about Sampson and Soldier! Sounds as if you are doing well...I'm glad!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear from you, Inger!
    Sounds like you're staying safe and doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the fires weren't closer.
    We are in the high 30s at night too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Inger! So glad to hear from you and Samson! So glad you are doing better too.

    Sounds like Autumn is coming to your canyon, which I imagine is bringing all kinds of pretty changes to your scenery.

    Take care and hope to hear from you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 50 fires in one county!! Wow! Glad you and yours were not threatened; you surely don't need that stress. I made a late start with my plants, too. Some are just now beginning to bloom; I'm hoping they will help the hummingbirds that are migrating south. It seemed to be a strange winter, spring and summer this year. Maybe it will be easier, and we'll get a quicker start, this coming year. That is interesting about the vultures. I wish I could see that migration! (Husband said to tell you to post a picture.) I watch for them here in the spring when they aren't so solitary and two or sometimes three of them appear to be doing a ballet in the sky. I love to watch them. We have black vultures, too. I wrote about that in a short post about vultures a few years ago. Eeewe! poison toads and rattlesnakes, ugh!, poor dogs. Oooo, Samson, what big teeth you have! Do you still have Pippi?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to read something from you Inger! That Samson, he is quite the ham isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to see you're doing okay Inger, and Samson has given me a much needed grin! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear from Inger! You live in such a great area.....always something happening. Good that the fires stayed clear of your place. Temps here are falling at night as well. Take care and hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been away, and am just catching up on my favorite blogs. As always, it was a pleasure to see a new entry from you. Glad everything is going well. I'm so glad that you can update us every once in a while from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to hear what's going on with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank heaven the fires kept their distance from you and yours. That's a lot of cloud to ground strikes. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails