Saturday, October 1, 2011

Another Update from the Library


Soldier: I sleep, I sleep and then I'm happy.......

If all goes as planned, I will have Fran's computer real soon. It will be ready for pickup next week and after my husband picks it up we have to set it up. Hopefully, that will go without any problems.

Thanks for your comments on my last blog entry. Fran read them to me over the phone the other day so I know about the request for photos of the buzzards. Well, yesterday, I missed a huge opportunity....yes, one should always have the camera in the car, I know, I know. I went to see my new doctor (I think I will like him)and as I drove up to his building, I saw them! The turkeybuzzards! Wow, there were so many of them, maybe one of the largest flocks I have seen here. And, believe me, they could cause a car accident! I seem to always see them while driving and can't help looking and admiring the ease with which they soar on the wind. So beautiful.
Angel: I watch, I watch and then I bark........

Fall was supposed to arrive in the canyon today. I enjoy the local weather forecasts since I got TV, but they are not always correct. But colder weather is on its way and I heard snow is expected in the Sierras to 6,000 feet next week. Now that I have the garden to worry about, I hope the freezing weather will wait just a little while longer. Probably won't though.

Pippi Birdie: I sing, I sing and keep an eye on everyone....

The dogs are doing as well as can be expected with two old one and one young one to bother them both. We walk with them and they keep us in good shape. I feel really well for the first time in a year and a half and really, really appreciate it.


Samson: I howl, I howl and then I bug everyone......

Now let's see if I can find some old pictures in Picasa to upload. I couldn't believe how fast that went here in the library the last time I did it. At home it seems it takes forever. I have a camera full of new photos to share once I get set up at home again. I am so looking forward to reading your blogs too. It just doesn't work well here at the library. Miss you all and I'm excited about getting in touch soon.

16 comments:

  1. Yay! Hello! Glad to hear from you, glad everything is going well and you're feeling fine, and glad to hear that you will have a computer again soon. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. always good to hear from you and even better to know you're feeling great! nice to see all the pups and pippi too, even if they are older photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still waiting for Michael to call me back, but I can't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to pick up the computer on Wednesday. I'm SO anxious to get it to you!

    I need to practise my Swedish again!

    Kram----Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear that you're feeling better. The dogs at pippi look happy too :-) It's always great to be with animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Inger .. great to see the photos and catch up on the 'family' general chatter of life, they're such great companions .. so pleased you're feeling better and more yourself - that must make the world of difference. Hope the cold stays away a little while longer .. and good luck with the computer set up .. cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inger good to hear from you. Looking forward to when you are back full time.

    my computer is sick now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss you Inger!! And Gracie misses her Samson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things sound good around the home front, Inger. Good to hear! The dogs and birdie look well too! I would love to see a flock of turkey vultures! Can't imagine that sight! 'See' you soon.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy that you are feeling so much better. Hooray!
    We used to have buzzards in SC. (We called them turkey vultures, but they are the same genus as buzzards). They would sun themselves on a water tower that was next to the road where I commuted to work. It was amazing to see them all perched on every outcropping on the tower with their wings held out to dry in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear from you! Can't wait til you're back in force :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It won't be long now! I would go nuts without my computer. Nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ANTICIPATION......that's a line from a song...just hum it for wee bit longer and then we will see all of you new pictures...snuggles....!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Inger -
    Glad to hear that you are getting another computer soon! Yeah! I've got a couple of awesome pics of turkey vultures that I took 1.5 years ago and I can send them to you, once you have your computer up and running, if you want. I've had the good fortune of actually working a bit with turkey vultures -- they are very intelligent and actually very social:) All my love to you, hubby & the dogs! Syd sends a big beardie kiss!
    -Rach

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a friend that has a dog like Samson. Does Samson really howl, or just bark at most everything? Protecting you?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I look forward to you getting back up and running also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails