Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday, Angel!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGEL!



Imagine that you are 13 years old now. It seems like only yesterday when you came up on the steps by our gate in Los Angeles and refused to leave. That was in June 1999 and the vet estimated you were around 8 months old. You choose to come and live with us and decided early on that you would be the leader of our pack, taking such good care of all of us, but most of all of your mommy. 

\

Many fine dogs have lived with us, but no one so clearly decided to be my dog, to love me and protect me for all these years. You know when I'm sick, when my blood sugars are unstable, you know when I'm happy and we can play, and when it's best to stay out of my way. You have been my rock all these years and I have felt completely safe living here alone, so far from everyone, with not even a neighbor in sight.

I'm so glad you are still healthy, playful, and strong and I hope we can go hiking together for a long time to come. OK, not as far as before, but there are still roads to be explored and hillsides to climb.


Dear Angel, we all wish you a very Happy Birthday! Daddy, Mommy, Soldier, Samson, and Pippi Birdie!

20 comments:

  1. oh, happy birthday, sweet angel! my marigold just turned 14 on friday, and i feel as lucky to have her still too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet. And sweet Angel.
    Are you back with us and your computer up and going?
    I was in the health food store and a woman had a small dog in her cart that was wearing a special sweater. That little dog was trained to help her if she became ill.
    Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lycklig, licklig fodelsdag din Angel speciell!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Angel. It is so hard to watch our companions grow old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Angel! I do believe I remember last year's birthday -- unless I'm imagining it. Anyway, so happy that you have your Angel with you still. German Shepherds are just the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Inger .. great to have you back and to see the photos of the regal Samson .. pets just take over: completely! Just enjoy them all .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    I'm always enthralled when I see the care with which people treat animals and I'm glad you Inger celebrate. 13 years of his life "friend" Angel!
    Ornithophilous Greetings from Portugal.
    Armindo Tavares

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angel is an angel! Have a great one Angel! Now that is a lovely dog Inger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angel and I say thank you all for the Happy Birthday greetings! And one all the way from Portugal, no less! This makes me so happy to be back to blogging. Yes, I have a computer now and I'm trying to catch up with everyone. Nancy, you are so right, German Shepherds are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet girl. Birthday wishes from Skoog Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Angel and many more from Pan and Kalen in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best of wishes to the sweet Angel! Have the best of days and let everybody spoil you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 13th, Angel...you are a Godsend in all senses of the word!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Angel... you have been a wonderful Companion all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Angel says thank you for ALL the good birthday wishes. She is happy to be back on the blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nydelig bilde av hundene.Vi har hatt hund.Den siste hadde navnet Rimba og var en golden retriver.Jeg har enda et stort bilde av han på veggen,og savner han mye.
    Ha en fin helg
    Nordis

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy lucky 13! I'm sure you're still celebrating, since you get to celebrate in dog years :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails