Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Morning Reflections




My reflections this morning are of a whimsical nature. When we drove through the Mojave desert and Antelope Valley the other day, I thought about my blogger friend Graham, who blogs from Namibia. He travels frequently and on his travels  he runs into all kinds of wonderful and creative expressions by the people of Namibia, be it road signs, farm signs, old abandoned trucks that have been redone into flower pots, and so much more. Of course he also runs into antelopes and a variety of wild animals and birds, as well as donkeys, horses, kids, and dogs of every shape, size and color. As we drove, I thought wouldn't it be fun if something or someone were to show up by the side of the freeway! Antelopes are long gone from here, but maybe a fun sign or something. And then I remembered this truck, which looks  identical to the African ones you may see on Graham's blog. I found it a few years ago on the side of California Highway 58, the road that leads from the desert to our town. So I'm posting it again, just for fun!
You can find Graham's blog here:
http://onestonedcrow.blogspot.com He is in the north right now and doesn't have internet access, but when he comes back, I know you will enjoy checking out his blog. 

15 comments:

  1. Inger, I love meeting new people so I'll definitley check out his blog. It's wonderful as well meeting people from other countries and cultures.
    Enjoy your Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graham has a terrific blog. I found him by accident and fell in love with his journeys through a country I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will DEFINITELY check out Graham's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checked out his blog--WONDERFUL!! I am now a follower. I LOVE his pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wonder how a vehicle managed to get abandoned in a lonely place, never to be driven again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that! To bad you didn't have a hitch to take that baby home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that photo. It is really a good one Inger! And I am sure Graham would relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stone pick up, but it's not going to "keep on tucking." On any highway.

    I'm off to Namibia.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That truck is definitely melting into the scenery! Thanks for the link to Graham's blog -- am looking forward to reading more from him upon his return...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the truck and will definitely check out his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comments, I'm so glad so many of you decided to check out Graham's blog. It is very interesting and full of adventures and beautiful pictures. I hope he comes back soon. You will know because he always comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. H Inger, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad the snow pictures made you happy. I've fallen off in water... But at least it was warm! I'm not so sure it would be so nice to fall in slushy snow!
    You may use any of the wording I put on the blog regarding Word Verification. If you want to use the picture, you are welcome to that as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails