Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Country Road



The other week, when I was in town with my camera, I drove down the paved part of Cherry Lane. 


It's a pretty country road in spring when the cherry trees are in bloom. There used to be large cherry orchards on this road and many trees still stand. I was too late for the cherry blossoms, but look at all the poppies I found on one side of


the road. On the opposite side lilacs were in bloom. The picture doesn't show how pretty it was -- I stayed in the car and took it from inside. 


And I even found an old barn. There's such a shortage of old barns around here and I have been sort of envious of all the fun barn blog hops and photos that I see on other blogs. So  I was happy to come upon this one.


This was a private road, I think, so I didn't drive up to get closeups of all those poppies that seemed to get better and better further up the road. 



These looked like old, gnarly apple trees. Since they were on Cherry Lane, I don't know if maybe they were very old cherry trees. Doesn't matter, they were lovely to look at.


And here, I stopped the car, got out, and just inhaled all the loveliness of springtime in the mountains.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started playing with a new template a bit late in the day for me, so the changes are a work in progress.

21 comments:

  1. Good morning Inger,
    Such beauty you have all around you, the poppies are gorgeous and such vibrant colors.
    Stunning photographs, and love the old barn.
    Have a lovely day!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, as usual--I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful "road trip," Inger. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In 1849 the miners came to California - and they loved those poppies. In 1862 they followed the gold rushes to Central Otago, New Zealand. And took those wonderful poppies with them.
    Look at
    http://thefieldofgold.blogspot.co.nz/2010/11/californias-state-flower-in-new-zealand.html?utm_source=BP_recent
    Inger - it's been great to see the poppies that I love so much here. Over there ocean in their natural home. Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my kind of place, love those poppies and that white fence is a wow for me. what a wonderful road to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures Inger! It looks so peaceful there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the California that most people don't know about. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vad fina bilder! Snygg ny layout du gjort! Jag får inte in bilder på sidan hur jag än gör, det säger att jag inte har mer utrymme med bilder...har t o m betalat 5 dollar för att få mer men inte fick jag det av Google , de norpade pengarna, dåligt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love LOVE old dirt roads! All of the pictures you posted are gorgeous, I could really hang around in a place like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone was serious about wanting a white picket fence.
    What a lovely place to drive and enjoy. One of my favorite past times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are just gorgeous! loved every one of them! thanks, inger!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading your comments from the last post, I decided that two blogs would be too much, you are right, I can barely do one. So I decided to change the template of this one to one I thought would better suit my photos. I am glad you like this new stuff I'm trying. Unfortunately, I decided to start on it last night, after dinner. Not the best time for me. I think the photos look so much better with the wider post area. I will keep working the design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your post. I was hearing John Denver in my mind (Country road, take me home, to the place I belong....) as an accompaniment to your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Inger .. love the rurality of where you are - so beautiful to see - I love areas like this .. thanks for posting and showing us .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the poppies and of course the old barn. We don't have many old barns in Arizona either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found your blog and have enjoyed your "donkey talk" and pictures. I know this has nothing to do with this partiular post, but, have you learned anything more about the death of the old man in the canyon? Have theyfound his caretaker? Who killed the donkeys? Was it all connected?
    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Inger, . . . thank you for taking us on the walk with you past poppies and barns, apple trees and lilacs. Your photographs are evocative.

    Peace and graciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many things are blooming in your canyon! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome photos! Hope you're having a peaceful week! ~Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos of a pretty area. I especially love the CA poppies my favorites since childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails