Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Latest News From the Canyon




Thank you for your comments and well wishes. I appreciate all the good thoughts coming my way and I hope to begin visiting you tomorrow. 

After I messed up my other computer, which was also old and would cost a couple of hundred dollars to repair, my friend fishducky, gave me hers. Fishducky is such a kind person that I suspect she decided to get a new one so I could get hers. Money was tight for us last year and will be again next year, since I had to change our health insurance because of that stupid doctor and the lack of PCPs up here. So with a small window of opportunity, I bought a new computer for $320.00 on Cyber Monday. It comes with Windows 7. I could have gotten Windows 8 for the same price, but I really don't feel like learning something new right now. 

Google Chrome crashes a lot on this computer, it's old and slow, and freezes anytime it has to do an update and I try to do something else on it. All I want to do is to be able to write my posts and read other posts, which takes so much time now. And I get so frustrated!!

So a huge THANK YOU to my friend, fishducky, whose blog  can be found here. To have had this computer for the past year has been WONDERFUL. Thank you my friend.  



I'm seeing the doctor today. I have been sick on and off since Thanksgiving. I have an infection somewhere, bladder maybe, maybe not. My temp is normal one minute and then 101 the next. Last night I was really ill. I was so cold, my teeth would have been clattering had I had enough of them, which reminds me -- I just spent the money for my partial or a part of my partial on the computer, oh well! 

While sick, I have been reading this wonderful book:



I haven't finished it yet and I will not review it formally, but I just have to give it a five-star very strong recommendation. It's a modern book, Mark Adams writes about following in the footsteps of an early 20th century explorer, Hiram Bingham III, who searched for Vilacabamba, the legendary Lost City of the Incas, but found Machu Picchu instead. The author has a great sense of humor and all kinds of interesting adventures as he treks around in the Andes. This is a must read for anyone who's ever been to Machu Picchu or dreamed about going there and to those of you who enjoy reading about explorers and their adventures.



Talk about adventures....  A while ago, I promised to write and post some stories of my own somewhat adventuresome life. Giving my life some thought, I don't know how many actual adventures I can come up with, but much happens in life and some of it I will try to write about. With that in mind, there will be a new post called Wednesday's Story, which will appear on some, but not every Wednesday. The first one was the story of the Vicar that I posted a few weeks ago and I will post the next one tomorrow. It's about friendship, inspired by Dee Ready's blog coming home to myself



My blogger friend, Bobbi Phillip, has written a memoir called Gracie's Diary. Gracie is Bobbi's cockapoo and Samson's virtual girlfriend, so of course as soon as the book came out on amazon, I ordered it. It arrived yesterday and Samson was so excited to see Gracie's picture on the cover. I think he'll soon be prancing around bragging about his famous girlfriend.

More about Gracie's Diary later. Bobbi's blog with Gracie's  commentary on life can be found here: Gracie Owns Me



Finally, Samson continues to do well. He's been off steroids since the 19th and is coming back to his old playful self. His hunger is abating and he doesn't inhale his food any longer. I had to soften his kibble in hot water because he had a very scary choking episode due to being so hungry. Now he's coming back to his old food fussy ways, looking at the soggy mess for a while before deciding to eat it. I will stop the soggy stuff once I feel sure he is eating normally again.





20 comments:

  1. Congrats on your purchase. I think you are a wise woman for not going with Windows 8 - I've heard a lot of complaints about it.
    I hope the Doctor can patch you up as good as new! I've had some of my own 'feel bad' days, and it is very irritating and exhausting to feel that way!
    I'm glad Samson is also feeling better.
    Sending good thoughts your way - may you enjoy prosperity, health and peace in the coming year! (Ah, but don't wait... do it now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad samson's doing better, but hope you will be soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I glad to hear Samson is well on the mend and now hope to hear soon that you are as well. I just read the post about the vicar! Fortune smiled him on that day -- and in a coal bin, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. makes me happy to read that Samson is feeling better. sorry to hear you are ill, that sounds odd coming and going like that. we are doing the medicare dance with insurance and will be paying 113 more per month this year than last. the photos of Samson are beautiful. i hit the cyber black Friday for my deal, then after i bought the TV for the bedroom, my printer quit as in dead as a door nail. so i hit the Cyber Tuesday sale and now have a new printer.
    i would be lost without my techy stuff. glad you got a new computer and it sounds like a real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tjena!! Ja en bra dator måste man ha nuförtiden faktiskt. Hoppas du blir frisk nu för inget kul att var risig hela tiden. Här är det regn regn och snö på väg sägs det. Vi vill ju ut med hundarna ju...kan bli svårt vid kyla o snö

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think alot of us came down with something over the Thanksgiving holiday.Spreaded like wildfire here.Glad things are looking up for you Inger and so happy Samson is getting back to himself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope they figure out what's wrong and you feel better soon. Being cold is the worst part of a fever. I so enjoy your stories - looking forward to Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what I want for Christmas? For you and Samson to be well. And a diamond ring.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU'RE VERY WELCOME!!! So glad Samson's doing better--& YOU FEEL BETTER SOON, TOO!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear Samson is feeling better, hope you are soon too. Being sick is no fun, I spent the day after Thanksgiving down and out, looks like something is triggering a renewed bout of kidney stone issues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope you see a Dr! Take care Inger! Glad to hear that you have a new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get yourself well, Inger. You want to be able to enjoy Christmas. Take it easy, be nice to yourself.

    You're lucky to have a friend like fishducky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Inger! Sorry to hear about your computer issues. Hey, I tried to email you but you must not have received it.. Gracie wanted to send Samson a free copy of our book since he is so special to her - But you went and bought it! Bless your heart! Another thing, I received an email from your friend fishducky saying that she would like a copy of our book but when I tried to send her an email back an error came up and I was not able to send it. I'm not sure what is going on..
    I hope you continue to feel better and better and your new computer works great for you!
    Thank you for your kindness Inger! We love you!! Give Samson ((hugs)) for Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear that Samson is so much better. Now it's your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great deal on the computer!! I need a new one too, but my old one works pretty well, (knock on wood) but I know it's only a matter of time! I'm so glad that Samson is feeling better, and I really hope you do too!! Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Inger, I'm sorry to read that you've been so ill. I hope that a trip to the doctor will offer you some relief! I'll look forward to your postings about your personal adventures. I've enjoyed Dee's stores about friendship and life's adventures, and I'll also look forward to yours. I've had a little trouble following you closely...you know, it's not just the computers that give us trouble. Sometimes WordPress doesn't want to play nicely with Blogger! But I keep trying to come back and see what you're up to! Do take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like things are looking better. Sorry you have not been feeling well...I think that new computer is going to perk you right up. Samson looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Inger. I hope the doctor was able to sort out why you have an 'off again, on again' fever.

    You know you have answered my computer problems....mine will freeze now on a regular basis right around update times and more!! A new computer is the answer. Mine is about 3 or 4 years old and that is OLD in computer years I guess!! lol

    Good idea for Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad Samson is feeling better,now it's your turn to feel better, hope you get sorted out at the Dr's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Inger, I so enjoyed this newsy posting that caught all of us up-to-date with what is happening within your household. I'm so relieved to learn that Samson is better and is returning to himself.

    Thank you for the link to my blog. That was so kind of you. I do look forward to your Wednesday postings as I so enjoy learning about your adventures--like the one with the vicar and the woman to whom he didn't want to talk. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails