Thursday, January 2, 2014

Samson's Number One Christmas Present


Samson Says:

Before Christmas, the UPS man dropped a ginormous package over our gate and daddy brought it in the house. I immediately detected a delicious smell and knew it was all for me. So I attacked it. I mean, what else would a dog do? Mommy muttered, bad dog, as she put me outside, unpacked everything, removed MY present and then packed the whole thing up again. All this without LOOKING, since the package was our Christmas presents from mommy's friends Bill and Judy.


When Christmas morning FINALLY arrived, daddy decides MY present has to be wrapped. So he cuts off the plastic it came in, wraps it up and brings it outside for me to open. Lots of unnecessary work for both of us, if you ask me, which no one ever does around here. Daddy said it's a TRADITION, all their dogs got their presents wrapped over the years. Never mind all that, I get busy.


The bone is HUGE! And it SMELLS so good, I can barely contain myself, but I know a dog must first bury his bone, so I do. The earth is so dry, it is hard to get as big a hole as I want. I leave it there for a few minutes, then I HAVE to dig it up and begin my chewing, tearing, swallowing. It is sooo GOOD. 


You know I'm not allowed ANYTHING extra because of my stomach ISSUES, but mommy was good and let me eat the meat on this bone. Yes, my tummy got a little upset, but, like mommy said, it was WORTH it. Just to see my JOY!

When it's time to stop, I look for a good place to bury my bone. And then I spot it, the big planter full of soft black dirt. Excellent, no one will ever find it there. I make sure mommy is not around to see me, then I dig a deep hole, put the bone in it, and use my nose to shovel the black dirt over the bone until it's covered. Totally covered!


Imagine my surprise when mommy comes to the door and immediately yelps, "Samson, you buried the bone in the flower pot and look at you now!" How she could find out that quick, I'll never know.

Thank you Bill and Judy for your perfect Christmas present!

Have a nice day everyone!


Posted by Samson, the Samoyed Dog















LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails