Thursday, January 2, 2014

Samson's Number One Christmas Present


Samson Says:

Before Christmas, the UPS man dropped a ginormous package over our gate and daddy brought it in the house. I immediately detected a delicious smell and knew it was all for me. So I attacked it. I mean, what else would a dog do? Mommy muttered, bad dog, as she put me outside, unpacked everything, removed MY present and then packed the whole thing up again. All this without LOOKING, since the package was our Christmas presents from mommy's friends Bill and Judy.


When Christmas morning FINALLY arrived, daddy decides MY present has to be wrapped. So he cuts off the plastic it came in, wraps it up and brings it outside for me to open. Lots of unnecessary work for both of us, if you ask me, which no one ever does around here. Daddy said it's a TRADITION, all their dogs got their presents wrapped over the years. Never mind all that, I get busy.


The bone is HUGE! And it SMELLS so good, I can barely contain myself, but I know a dog must first bury his bone, so I do. The earth is so dry, it is hard to get as big a hole as I want. I leave it there for a few minutes, then I HAVE to dig it up and begin my chewing, tearing, swallowing. It is sooo GOOD. 


You know I'm not allowed ANYTHING extra because of my stomach ISSUES, but mommy was good and let me eat the meat on this bone. Yes, my tummy got a little upset, but, like mommy said, it was WORTH it. Just to see my JOY!

When it's time to stop, I look for a good place to bury my bone. And then I spot it, the big planter full of soft black dirt. Excellent, no one will ever find it there. I make sure mommy is not around to see me, then I dig a deep hole, put the bone in it, and use my nose to shovel the black dirt over the bone until it's covered. Totally covered!


Imagine my surprise when mommy comes to the door and immediately yelps, "Samson, you buried the bone in the flower pot and look at you now!" How she could find out that quick, I'll never know.

Thank you Bill and Judy for your perfect Christmas present!

Have a nice day everyone!


Posted by Samson, the Samoyed Dog















27 comments:

  1. how VERY cute! your mom must be psychic, samson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so SMART and ADORABLE with dirt on your face... good daddy good mommy and good friends to send it to you. i agree with Teresa, mom has to be psychic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a Merry Christmas Samson and have a Great New Year enjoying your new bone. Maybe if you wash your face Mommy won't know where your bone is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samso, your Mom put that pot there on purpose!!! She is very sneaky, Samson!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adorable, with or without dirt on your face!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another satisfying Samson adventure! Love this post, Inger. What nice friends you have to send a present for the pup.

    Wishing you and yours the best in 2014, Inger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samson... it's not true. You don't have to have your presents wrapped. Mine weren't. BUT> I would much rather have a wrapped bone than an unwrapped set of shampoo and conditioner. Yep. That's right. I got shampoo and conditioner for Christmas. And I said a curse word when my eyes beheld what was supposed to be a gift. "Shampoo and conditioner??!!" I said... "What the #*!# am I supposed to do with that!!!!?" Mom said if I don't watch my mouth, she will wash my mouth. Hmmmm....
    Nice bone Samson! Think of your poor little clean GF Gracie here when your gnawing on that bone and enjoy some for me. xoxoGracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that you liked your present. Sorry about the stomach trouble.
    Happy New Year to you, Mommy and Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Samson was one very happy big dog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Samson you are beautiful even with dirt on your face !
    Wishing you and your family the very best in the New Year .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Samson you lucky lucky boy. Wish Mommy Happy 2014 for me will you. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Boy!

    Yes, even the stomach upset I got from eating too much too sweet was totally worth it - i can relate Samson!

    Happy New years to you and your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dirty nose is the sign of a happy dog with a secure treasure. Well done big guy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet thing that Samson got a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet post. Sure hope Samson has many days of chewing and gnawing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mommy is brilliant. I love your dirty nose, Samson. I would like to wash it for you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought you were being quite resourceful, Samson! When the ground is hard, it's a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Samson, your NY resolution should be to get the evidence of your doings off your adorable face :)
    Wishing you and your family a very happy and remarkable new year! Srečno novo leto!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Samson, your NY resolution should be to get the evidence of your doings off your adorable face :)
    Wishing you and your family a very happy and remarkable new year! Srečno novo leto!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Inger - such a wonderful descriptive tale of Samson and his care and concern for his present and bone .. great read ... Mommy why are looking all the time?!

    Delighted Samson enjoyed his bone though .. and one dirty nose is worth much enjoyment and love of your beloved Samson ..

    Happy New Year - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy new year, Samson. You take care of yourself and your lovely mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look happy with your present.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great story Sampson I'm so glad you know just what to do! Whatever would we do without dogs?
    Inger I love your header with the beautiful California rocks! You maybe surprised to know here in this part of Alaska we have little rock, no granite like I used to see in the Sierra. Oh how I do miss rocks. I might just plan a trip for myself to go back and visit them, those and the beautiful trees we don't have here. Nan

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a happy dog. Bones are so versatile. Eat or bury - either one is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good boy! Sit! Stay! Tell Inger Happy New Year from Vicki in western NC.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Så fin han är!! Härliga bilder av honom med jord på nosen :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Inger and Samson, this story you told, Samson, just warmed my heart. I'm so glad that your friends sent you such a delicious smelling bone that tasted mighty fine. Maybe your human has eyes in the back of her head so she knew where you hid that bone! But you might try looking in the mirror and you'll discover a hint about how she knew! Have a lovely 2014 with your humans. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails