Friday, April 4, 2014

D is for Donkeys

Theme ~ Good Things: 

On a cold and stormy December morning, my husband and I came upon a burro in labor at the rescue next door. Rescued from the desert, burro jennets were sometimes pregnant on arrival.  

The birth took a long time, or so it seemed in the cold, but finally a little foal was born. I named her Storm. Here she is with her mom and the auntie that burro foals acquire upon their birth. An auntie to help look after them and keep them safe. 

The rescue moved to Texas a few years ago, and I hope Storm is living a good life there. The donkeys I met at the rescue will always live in my heart. Perhaps, the most misunderstood and often abused domestic animals, I found donkeys to be intelligent, self-sufficient, loving, and loyal. 



Samson Says: Hey mommy, didn't you forget something? D is for ?? or it should be for: DOG! to himself: why do I always have to spell out the obvious???










LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails