Thursday, July 24, 2014

Hello, My Name is Faith

and I will be three months old on Monday, the 28th. This is how little I was when I first came here back in June. Looking at this picture, I think my legs have grown the most. 

First picture ~ 6/9/2014

Exploring the outside ~ 6/14/2014

Playing ~ 6/14/2014

At first I was very sad to have been taken away from my doggie mommy and my siblings, but then I sensed that there was a greater sadness hanging over this new home of mine.


I felt it the most from this big, fluffy, white dog that is now my new big brother. And from my new person mommy too. I soon figured out it had to do with my new daddy being ill.

My mommy's favorite picture of us playing. 6/14/2014

And then I got it! I will make them all as happy as I possibly can. I will play with this big, kind, dog and give him exercise when mommy is too tired. I will snuggle up with daddy in the bed and make him smile. I will be the best dog EVER for my family. I will try to do ALL my business outside, but, well, you know accidents do happen.

6/20/2014

I have learned SIT, STAY, COME (but that come I don't always obey, depends on how comfy I am laying in the shade somewhere)and my name: FAITH. 




Faith: Hey, you! It's mine, I saw it first.


Samson Says: Yes, but I'm bigger than you. Faith: Try if you dare, you big old fluffmonster, you!

Faith: Give me that bone! 7/7/2014

Samson: No way!

Faith: I'll poke you in the eye, I will. You think you're so tough. Samson: Ouch!

I got up here by myself, getting down is much scarier. Help, me someone! 7/7/2014

Look at me run! All the way from daddy at the top of the hill. 7/19/2014

Nap time! 7/16/2014

Mommy's Story About Me

One day in June, after he had been told he had cancer, my husband went to the hardware store to get some snake repellent and came home with a six-week old puppy someone was giving away in the parking lot. 

He was numb after the diagnosis, depressed, no doubt. He said, "she's life-affirming." Then he said, "She will take good care of you, she will be a great ranch dog for you." "For us," I said. And went to town to buy some puppy food, which of course he had not thought to get.

Sitting in the Jeep outside the store, I wondered what we should call her. Faith, seemed about right considering everything that lay ahead. When I got back home, my husband said,"I think we should name her Faith." 

I was mad at first, after all, a puppy is all we don't need now. I'm way too old, they cost money, and on and on. After a few days though, I was in love. Of course I was.  

Since then I have come to realize that little Faith is a great help. Samson loves her and she gives him so much more exercise than we ever could. Samson is also very in-tune with his daddy and he knows he is seriously ill. Or at least he knows something bad is going on with daddy. So it is great the way Faith plays with him and cheers him up. They play all the time, chase each other, play tug of war, and have so much fun until they collapse in a tired heap. She loves to sleep wrapped in his big and furry tail. (Go figure, he won't let me touch, much less brush, his tail. Faith ~ she gets to sleep in it!) 

She cheers both me and my husband up and makes us smile all the time. Smiling is so good. 

I took her for her second set of puppy shots yesterday. They kept her in the back a long time, apparently a love fest was going on with Faith in the center of it; cuddles by the vet techs, licks back by Faith, or so the guy said who brought her back to me. She weighs 19 pounds. Soon, I will not be able to carry her around........

Come on, Samson, I'm taking you for a walk! 7/20/14















41 comments:

  1. It sounds like she is just what your family needs at this time. A puppy will always make you smile and that is a good medicine for you all.

    Faith, a most perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Inger Faith is truly the best medicine for you all right now. HUGS HUGS Inger. You are never far from my thoughts. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is just an imp! a pure bundle of love and energy! i love that you've added her to the household - she is a blessing and a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, her legs grew double the length in a month.. she is so precious and i loved your story of the joy she is bringing to all 3 of you... she is so good for Samson and will keep him young and the smiles she brings with help you keep your Faith, the perfect name...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful this is, Inger! Faith has 'been sent' to your family at this time to help you all through it. Nothing better than a puppy to cheer everyone up.
    Laughing is so good for the soul and I am happy your husband knew that this would be be a good thing for you all.
    What a gift for Samson too! Faith will learn from him....so important for puppies to have a good role model.
    Thinking of you often Inger and sending positive thoughts and energy your way.
    What a pleasant surprise to see and meet Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so exciting in the best way Inger....Faith will keep putting smiles on your faces and bring JOY into the house. Samson is a new puppy again too. Funny how sweet innocent dogs can just be the answer for anything.
    All the best to hubby and make sure you all get enough rest, OK?! Orders from Dr. Ron and Dr. Jim and Nurse Sophie Doodle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you -- all of you! Your post has made me feel very emotional...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you -- all of you! Your post has made me feel very emotional...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful doggie story...Faith is a furry dose of the best medicine, isn't she. Even Samson loves her.
    I'm so glad that she's getting Sampson to exercise. I guess it was God's way of sending her to both of you at this time.

    She may just be the thing to keep the snakes away.
    Healing thoughts,
    Hugs JB

    Se

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faith is adorable! Such a cutie! She looks so tiny compared to Samson! I'm so happy you have such a cute new member of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Inger, Faith will live true to her name, and although a puppy is not what you wanted or needed right now, maybe she is with you for a special reason, she'll give you a smile every day. Hugs, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samson's eyes are running! Is something wrong with them? Did you have the vet look at Samson's eyes?

    I am a worry-wart.

    Sometimes what we think we do not need is the very thing that will us through. Faith may be that for you and your husband.

    I once bought a puppy that grieved my older dog to no end. Stinker (who earned his name by the way) kept trying to grab Shorty's tail -- and Shorty promptly sat on his head! Stinker, true to his name, didn't learn though!

    May the future hold better times and unexpected laughs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your husband is a wise man. In times of trouble, I've always found solace and courage in the company of my animal friends. I'm sure the pup will be a good companion to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am just delighted that you have taken in that little bundle of fun and sunshine. What a delightful set of pictures of her and Samson playing. It is impossible to resist a puppy's love and antics.
    She was meant to be and was needed as much as she needed you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing can compete with a puppy when it comes to making people smile and she is a good companion for Samson.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that your hubs found something to add to his happiness. The picture that was your favorite is mine too - love the little doggie ears flying in the air.

    Pets can sense when members hurt - I know Disco was worried about me and kind of hang around with me.

    And you do love him too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Inger. I'm so very glad Faith came into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh she is the cutest puppy ever! I'm so glad you have her in your life now :) And smiling is great! It brightens up the day even if by a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Faith came into your lives at just the right time, for all the reasons you've mentioned. She is definitely a smile maker and a boost of energy and happiness. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been a dog lover. My mother was afraid of dogs and instilled that fear in me. But these many years later, my children all have dogs, and I've come to love them. Well, I did have trouble with my son's and his wife's big dog Ollie, a wonderful golden retriever who weighed more than I, and as a puppy jumped at me. That hurt! So, big jumping dogs still scare me. But I know what you mean about falling in love with little Faith. He is a cutie. And it sounds like he's making your husband happy, so that means you're happy too, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is a charmer! You are more woman than I am, just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Faith looks like a real handful but just what you all needed. A true blessing. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Apologies to Samson but I now think that I'm in love with Faith. It sounds like she's the best tonic that you and your husband could possibly wish for. Keep strong and may your husband improve and gain strength.
    With love x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Inger, Faith is a beautiful name! I'm so glad that cute and adorable puppy cheers you and your husband and make both of you smile all the time. Yes, smiling is so good and make the life more happy!
    It is great that Samson loves her and played and have much fun and much exercise with Faith.
    LOVE all pictures, Inger!
    Many hugs to all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nämen, grattis till nya familjemedlemmen. Bara förvånad att folk kan stå på en parkeringsplats o ge bort en 6 veckors gammal valp.
    Bra att husse tog henne ändå , hon får det bra hos er och Samson en lekkamrat.
    Vi har haft det tokvarmt i Sverige men du följer väl det via nätet (Aftonbladet). Nu ska vi få lite svalare med regn o åska men ändå runt +25. Det är mer lagom än runt +30.
    Tyra är rätt tjock nu o på torsdag är det 63e dygnet. Ska bli kul o spännande.
    Kramar till er alla 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Reading your post, I do believe Faith is the perfect name for this sweet baby. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, Inger...Faith belongs their in yours, hubby's and Samson's heart!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dogs know and Faith was sent to you somehow to help all of you. Thank you for sharing such a personal story.

    ReplyDelete
  29. awwww!
    what a fun montage of Faith's puppy days!

    wanted to say thanks for stopping by my broken branch falls blog tour at julie's =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Comfort comes in strange forms, as in Faith.

    I will be praying for you and your husband, for his health and your strength.

    Don't give up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Faith is quite the addition to the family! I hope the four of you have lots of fun together!

    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Inger, I think I have been absent too long. I did not know any of this was happening. I knew.. that you and your husband were not well but I did not know the seriousness of it. My heart is set on prayer for your husband and for you... and we will think positive!! After all, isn't that what Faith is all about!

    What a wonderful blessing, to have yet another 'angel' brought into your life!!

    Love you dearly! Will be praying every day! Gracie says 'uh oh... I do not like black dogs... '

    (don't worry Samson, we will work on her prejudices)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Faith is adorable, and it sounds like she is exactly what you need right now. I'm sorry to know how ill your husband is, Inger, and I know it must be a very hard time for you both. I hope this little puppy is precisely the "faith" you need right now to bring you through. ox

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Inger - was catching up on your blog and didn't realize what had been going on with your husband. Sorry to read about the diagnosis and hope this puppy puts a big smile on your face and his - blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the little puppy, Inger, and looks like he will be good for all of you.
    Hello, Faith!

    Wishing you and your hubs health and good news. We have to be strong for our men. Take care.

    I'm taking my hubs crisis one day at a time. The nurses are getting to know me since I'm in the hospital once or twice a day. It's twenty mins away.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute and so sweet. I'm glad little Faith is a part of your family. We all need someone that loves us unconditionally, especially through the stressful times.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Inger - what a great story and how fabulous your hubby felt the call of Faith - love the story line ...

    She will be all of those things to the three of you .. lightness and life and laughter ...

    Enjoy her and keep the faith with Faith ... big hugs and thoughts to you all ... HIlary

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOL oh samson...LOL... youve got your paws full now!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Dear Inger, what wonderful news that your husband brought home this life-affirming creature whom you both recognized as the embodiment of the faith your family needs right now. How wonderful for the two of you and for, as you say, Samson who will now get a new kind of rigorous and playful exercise.

    I'm so happy for all of you. And that puppy--Faith--has found, I think, the best home in the Universe. With you and your husband and Samson. A real nirvana. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails