Saturday, August 30, 2014

Notes From The Canyon

"Always ride the horse in the direction it's going."

~ Chuck Pyle, 'The Zen Cowboy'




After a difficult summer, things are calming down here in our world. My husband's treatments are working for now, so we are getting the time I so prayed for. He is still in pain, something that I am not sure he should be, but other than that, he's beginning to feel better. 



This crazy man up on the sign post is his friend Tom, who flew in from Colorado to cheer my hubby up. I wasn't sure at first, the house was a mess, we were two messes, so very, very tired. But we spent two days cleaning, no time resting, but once Tom arrived, I knew it was the very best thing for my husband. And for me also, as I discovered a fellow spiritual seeker, and even a train lover. I have always admired Tom for the way he raised his beautiful daughter, Leilani, through her Cabbage Patch dolls stage to her golf scholarship to UCLA, but we had never before sat down alone to talk.



When hubby got tired one day, Tom and I went for a drive around town. At the Tehachapi Loop we were fortunate to see a very, very long train travel around the loop, through the tunnel, and off into the distance. We really didn't see it go on top of itself from our vantage point.



But I got some good shots and hope to dedicate a post in the near future to someone I don't know, who is going through some difficult times with a major illness. Oh, the wonderful thing about blogging, you really open up your heart to people you have never met. As has happened to us with all of you praying for us and sending good thoughts our way. 



Blue Oak, the most common oaks in our area are beginning to look tired from the drought. While still alive, they really don't look healthy and many have died. 



Driving a winding country road back to town, we had a good talk about life, love, disappointments, and moving on. Sort of unusual for a guy and for me, I know I found a friend. Before he left, Tom said to call him if we needed him and he would be on the next plane out. 



On our way back home, we stopped by The Mountain Spirit Center, the Korean Buddhist retreat in our canyon.


This time one of the monks came out and spoke to us and told us we could ring the magnificent Peace Bell. Which we did and chills went down our backs, as its sound reverberated through the mountains. 



At the bottom of the bell, children from all countries in the world dance together, holding hands. 


 Oh, Samson and Faith are doing great. Faith was four months on the 28th of August. I've been busy taking her to the vet for all her shots. She now weighs 30.1 pounds and knows how to both bark and growl. With all the dogs we've had, we never had a growling dog before. Soldier would, of course, growl/bite at the same time if you were a man and didn't get out of the way, but no one ever growled like she does. Four months old, where's this going to end?

Peace, my dear friends, and thank you for caring.








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails