Saturday, July 2, 2022

A Few Pictures

 

While I've been missing from blogging, I celebrated my 82nd birthday, tried to get my car repaired -- it takes forever to get  parts these days -- spent time with friends, went to Quest Labs for blood tests, routine ones for my primary care NP -- and worked on various deep cleaning project in my house. 


After Jeanne took me for a birthday lunch, we drove home past the world famous Tehachapi Loop, an engineering marvel from the 19th century, described in detail by me on earlier blog posts.


Then we had a fabulous thunderstorm, something that seldom occurs these days. This one reminded me of thunder and lighting in New Jersey so many years ago. It was quite something for the sunny and dry California of recent years.


For some reason, I got the idea that I wanted to capture lightning with my phone camera. It wasn't easy, I stood by the window holding the phone up until my arms were aching. 

I didn't give up and finally I caught this picture, which is not the best, considering what I could have captured with some better luck. OK, and skill. 

You can barely see the flash of lightning here, it's in the right hand corner. 

But it was fun trying while watching the storm. 







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails