Friday, October 7, 2022

October Joys

Facing the health issues that have come my way, I have a choice of being upset or finding joy in my daily life. 

It may not always be easy, but I want to focus on joy. 

Here are a few of my joyful things for October:

Turkey Buzzards/Vultures

Every October more than 30,000 turkey buzzards migrate through the Tehachapi pass. The other night some of them decided to spend the night at Jeanne's place. 




Fat Bear Week 2022 is Underway:  

You can vote for the fattest bear in this competition or watch the bears catch salmon in Katmai National Park and Preserve in Alaska , something I do. I find it peaceful, bordering on boring, but a good boring. Soon you will have a favorite bear. To check them out, click below: 


Fat Bear Week 2022 isF October 5 - October 11. Your vote decides who is the fattest of the fat. Matchups will be open for voting between 12 - 9 p.m. Eastern ...

Rabbit Brush In Bloom


I was looking for Monarch butterflies, I saw a few fly by, but none in the bushes. Instead the bushes were covered in bees. Even bumble bees, which I haven't seen here for a long time.

An Early Morning Walk 


An early morning walk in the crisp, but not yet cold, October air is just the best.

October 10

This is the day when temperatures are projected to finally dip into the 70s in our area.

Halloween



Have a great October.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails