Monday, May 6, 2019

Hogwash ~ A Ghost Town


OK, so you're this guy who has dreamed of owning a ghost town, I imagine since you were a little boy. This being a bit impractical, but maybe once you get a piece of land large enough you could build one.

And that's what Karen's husband Bruce did, with her help. I saw it for the first time a while ago. 


Bruce wasn't home, I have never met him, but I love his creativity. 


We saw the church first, with the adjacent pet cemetery where some of their family pets are buried. 


Watched over by a magnificent bird.


Then we walked around the ghost town. Which, as it turned out, is actually being used to house a variety of interesting things relating to Karen and Bruce's many interests and hobbies. 


The rear of the Coach Works, which used to store vehicles in days past.


This is the Leather Shop, a  working shop. Karen told me that working with leather is a hobby of theirs. 



The Land & Assay Office, where their cartography and geology collections are stored. Since I'm also interested in maps and rocks, I'm looking forward to another visit when the doors will be unlocked so I can see the treasures inside. Karen didn't realize that I would be so fascinated by all this, so she didn't bring her keys. You can see a part of me reflected in the window, taking this picture.


What's a ghost town without a Road House? This is a fully functioning place where refreshments are served when Bruce and Karen throw a party. 



The two pictures above display what's left of a House of Ill Repute, which Karen and Bruce pretend burned down. 


Bruce named the gold mine Karen's Smile. Good for him, because Karen has one of the prettiest and most genuine smiles I've ever seen in my life.



There was even one of these mine wagons on rails. Everything is so clever at Hogwash Ghost Town. 


Karen told me they like to collect skulls. Some are displayed here. 

I know everyone who sees this post will admire the creativity -- from Bruce's vision to the actual town. 

There's much more to post from Hogwash. If I could still jump, I would have, when discovering all the rusty treasures contained in this town. 

This to my friend Jane:

I will always appreciate the rusty finds you sent from your travels, but if you want to retire, or maybe just take some time off, I got it covered now. 

Being a ghost town, things have really gone to rust in Hogwash.




  

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails