Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Memories ~ Los Angeles and Pasadena

 


Jumping many years ahead to 1973, I found pictures of my Los Angeles home. This is the building I lived in for many years. It was located only seven miles from UCLA, where I worked. I lived in the upstairs apartment, to the right. A lovely old Spanish style apartment. Back then the garden was very lush and beautiful and I had a banana tree outside my window. 


This is the street where I lived. Most of the trees are jacaranda trees, so lovely when they bloom in spring. 



As it turned out, the street became very important in my life because Errol, my late husband and love of my life, moved in across the street from my building. His house, where I also lived later, is hiding behind the bushes here. 


Finally, while Errol and I were dating, he told me his dad knew a guy who had won a house while gambling in Las Vegas. The house was located in Pasadena and Errol talked me into buying it. 

It was a lovely house with a huge garden and a beautiful ancient oak tree next to the bedroom window. This was the only house I ever bought by myself. 

Errol remodeled the kitchen and the back bedroom, where he  added an ensuite bathroom and a loft. I'm glad to see that the house is still there and looks to be well maintained. 

I almost forgot, Errol and I got married in this house on February 21, 1987, 36 years ago today. 










LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails