Monday, September 12, 2022

Courage, Happiness And Gratitude



Being ill and facing some stuff, I've thought about courage. I looked up the word in the online Merriam Webster dictionary:

Courage ~ noun:

    ~ Mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty.

There were no pictures in the dictionary, of course, but in other places online courage was illustrated with photos of people doing, what I would call, crazy, stupid stuff, like jumping across an abyss, for example. Sure you need courage for that, but I was looking for something a bit more mellow, something that could apply to me. 

And, trust me, I would never in my younger days have jumped over anything more threatening than a puddle of water. 

I think what I have is something different. Something I've figured out over time.

By now it has developed into something very simple and something that I can control myself:

    ~ I just don't want to be miserable. 

So I'm not. 

Of course I have my moments. For me a good cry works.

Or a call to a friend.

Or writing a blog post. 

Before I came to the U.S. in 1962, I was miserable in my gorgeous hometown of Stockholm, Sweden. 

So I know how bad it can be. 

I'm very grateful that I've understood how to create a happy life for myself. 


With the help of my best friend Faith. 

And my human friends too, on the blogs, in the canyon, and across the world. 

Gratitude is a good thing.


     Society Garlic ~ Photo by Jane B.

Thank you, Jane.








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails