Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Weekly Trip to Town

Yesterday, I went to town to run some errands and do my laundry. Right now I have no room for my washing machine at my house, so I go to the laundromat. This time, I was to excited because planned to take photos and blog about my day.

Unfortunately, when I opened Blogger, using my new satellite service, I couldn't get onto the Post page. I kept getting a message: Error on Page. Something I never saw while having AOL. So I thought this would be a very good excuse for me to cleanup and defragment my computer. I did that and I also cleaned up a and got rid of a lot of files, then did some research in Google and found several other people having the same problem, but I never got to the solution, if any. Well, I know there is one and I will continue looking until I can find one that works. Or ask for a little help from my friends.

Back to yesterday, I took a lot of pictures. We have a state prison on the other side of town and when I stopped to take a picture of our post office, I pulled up next to a group of prisoners who were whacking weeds along the road. I didn't think much about it, but right away the sheriff who was guarding them, came up to my car and took a good look at me. I guess I passed inspection because he didn't say anything and I hurried up and drove on to take care of the rest of my errands.

While at the laundromat, I ran into a neighbor and we had a nice chat with another woman. Both these ladies own Jack Russell terriers and it was really fun to listen to them comparing notes on the energy, hunting instinct, and tenaciousness of this particular breed of dog. Going to the laundromat can be an interesting experience. I have met some real characters and have had some strange and funny conversations with people there.

Since I still have AOL, I thought I could try to post to my blog form there. It said that the picture I tried uploaded, but I can't find it. So, I decided to write a message to those who follow my blog and let you know what's going on. As soon as my problem gets resolved, I'll be BACK!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails