Monday, April 3, 2017

Rust & Following Blogs




A somewhat strange post title, I know. It came about because I'm looking for something creative to add to my blog. So why not rust? I have a few pictures of rust already with plenty more rusty things laying around here in various fields and other inappropriate places. We'll see, at least I won't have to go far to take the pictures.



Then I have a question about new followers. When someone decides to follow my blog, I want to follow their blog as well. This seems to me to be the right thing to do. Particularly if the person is new to blogging and wants to add to his/her follower list. I remember well my first 13 followers, where I was stuck for such a long, long time.

I still feel that way, but now I can only find a new follower's blog if that person leaves a comment. Then I can click on the comment and get to their blog. 

But not everyone leaves a comment, some people just decide to follow a blog. In days past, I would find their blog by simply clicking on their avatar. If I do that now, I only get a screen called Follower Details and the name of the follower, but not of the blog. 

Does this have something to do with new security regulations? If so, do people know that they have to leave a comment in order for me to be able to add my blog to their follower list? 



For example: The above very cute little dog face is a recent follower of my blog. And I have seen his/her face following several of the blogs that I regularly read. And I would so like to know if little dog has a blog? But I can't. 

And there are several other recent followers of my blog that I would like to follow.

Does anyone know if there's a way around this?

P. S. OK, so now I'm really in trouble. I just tried to follow a blog. The person left a comment, so I got there OK, but then it just says "Unfollow" where it used to say "Follow." What's up with that? 








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails