Monday, June 7, 2021

Last Week: 5/30 - 6/5/2021

 

For a while now, I've wanted to keep a weekly journal on my blog.  

I'm trying it out here:

Sunday, May 30th

I probably did some things around the house and rested in the afternoon. I hadn't decided to try this journal, so I didn't keep a record or take any pictures.

Monday, May 31 - Memorial Day

I had a close encounter with a Northern Pacific rattlesnake.

Tuesday, June 1st 

Went to an appointment with Jim, the dermatology PA who comes up here from Palmdale. They rent offices in town. Their new office had a small and badly ventilated waiting room. And the wait was over an hour, they said. I found myself with not enough patience to deal with that, so I rescheduled for an early morning appointment at the end of July. And left.


Turning into the road that I share with Joyce, I was greeted by these sweet guys. And felt immediately much better. 

Wednesday, June 2nd


I took my trash to the dump.


The guy next to me threw these bowls away. I thought they may work to provide water for the animals when I turn off my leaky  outdoor water system. You can't see it here, but they are really huge.


My container garden is doing well, except some critter ate the jalapeno plant. I suspect a Fence lizard I saw earlier. 

Thursday, June 3rd


I stopped at the railroad crossing on my way to Quest labs for a blood test for an upcoming doctor's appoinment. Again, the wait at Quest was over an hour. I've never experienced this before and will, from now on, be sure to make an appointment.

Is someone trying to ensure I work on my patience here? 

Friday, June 4th

Mark came over and we started working on going through and cleaning out the shed. That is, Mark worked while I sat in chair in the shade and decided what to keep and what to toss. Mark wanted to buy a few things that we agreed were worth $10.00. 

 Saturday, June 5th


Joyce texted she had something I had to come to her house and see. On my way up the hill, I took another picture of this lovely quartet. 


And this is who Joyce wanted me to meet. 


There were two of them, both female. 

I only got pictures of this one. Joyce has had some bad luck with kittens before. They would get out, never to be seen again. It's too wild and dangerous for small critters around here, one reason I don't have a cat. 

Joyce has an older cat, named Einstein. He's learned about his environment and knows how to stay safe. 

The new kittens were adorable. I hope they will grow up and be safe here. 


 










LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails