Thursday, March 30, 2017

More Notes From The Canyon






It's so windy out today that I changed my mind on my way to town. The windgusts were just too strong for both the Jeep and me. Safely home again, I'm so glad I turned around because the rain turned to hail, a little bird blew into the window, and the wind is howling around the corners of my house. So much better to be inside and the errands can wait until tomorrow. 


Of course it's much worse in the rest of the country. It's horrible to see what people are going through in the states that get tornados, golfball-size hail, and all the rest of it. 

Samson is doing much better. He's still on Prednisone, but after tomorrow he only needs one pill every other day until the pills are gone. Then we see the vet for a checkup. 


As you can see, Samson is huge. Whenever a dog gets pigeon-toed, the dog is definetly way too fat. I'm adding canned green beans to his food and have reduced his kibble. I can't stand dogs begging, but since the steroids make him soooo hungry, I forgive him. 



However, Faith is another story. There's nothing wrong with her, she is not hungry, but she's a dog that has to be first, has to be in on everything, can't let Samson have anything, including dibs on begging. She has always been like that, from when she first came, little as she was. And now she's turned into a worse beggar than Samson. They are both driving me to distraction! And, yes, we will be walking, walking and hiking in the hills hoping that some of that weight comes off. I'll settle for five pounds right now.....

One final thing for now. I've decided to not participate in the A to Z this April. I love it, but after spending so much time driving to and visiting various doctors this past year, I finally have a whole month to myself. And I just want to do whatever I feel like.





19 comments:

  1. I'm so surprised to see the storm up your way, Inger. There is no sign of rain here and I guess I hadn't even heard. I think you were right to turn around. And I'm so glad Samson is doing better...poor hungry guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The winds have been so strong this spring. More hail than I'm used to. So Samson is also fat under that fluffy. :-) Poor Faith, like Jill, she must feel secondary - even though she really isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you decided to stay home! Isn't it nice just to have some time to do what you want. Enjoy your month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Inger - well done on making a decision to have time to yourself. I'll miss you A-Zing, but quite understand. I'm glad the dogs are keeping you occupied, sometimes in the wrong way - but good for you taking them out for those long walks ... pills are fine, but the side effects can be a nuisance some times. Take care and enjoy your April ... glad you've got some rain, but yes good that you haven't got the damaging version ... cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should take that extra time for yourself! I'm not doing the A to Z challenge this year either. I decided that I needed a year off from that. When I saw all the social media involved, I knew I didn't have time to participate. There are a few of us not doing the challenge, for various reasons. Many new people will carry on for us though. Good luck with the pups, hope Samson improves with his weight gain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been very windy this year here too. It's kind of disturbing and not pleasant at all. Poor Samson with her steroid. It's hard to feel hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad Samson is getting off the meds slowly now and hope he feels better soon. it is hard to tell with all that long fur... glad you turned around and went home. we are getting a long desired rain right now

    ReplyDelete
  8. HUGS HUGS "I finally have a whole month to myself. And I just want to do whatever I feel like." LOVE IT. xo B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings Inger - just happened along your blog last night and thought I would stay and follow. Love your dogs. Faith reminds me of my black lab mix Laydee. I'm way up in northern california, almost to Oregon (Mt Shasta) so I always enjoy following fellow Californians - plus living in the high desert is my next favorite spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are smart to go back home and wait for another day...a better day. There's no since taking a risk. And I will be happy to see a new month tomorrow and hopefully one that we can get back outside and enjoy nature. I'm wishing you the best weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had wind and a brief hail storm yesterday too. We have a nice weekend on tap, though. I hope you get the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear Samson is doing better. We have cats that are big "beggars" too so I can relate. Glad you went back home & stayed safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on prednisone for a few days, Samson. We'll both get better. I'll try not to beg Willy Dunne Wooters to share his dinner with me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very smart to turn around and go back home. There is nothing more reassuring than being safe and sound in your own home! Bless Samson -- steroids are no fun as I have found out for myself many years ago. Don't blame you for not doing the A to Z this year and enjoy that month to yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was on Prednisilone for RA for a couple of years and never stopped feeling hungry the whole time - I really sympathise with Samson although he looks a lot cuddlier than i did lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad your boy is better! The (unsalted) green beans have been a go-to for many dogs we've had. And I know all about the begging, we have a few that are truly second to none. Frozen green beans are a fun treat, and the dogs haven't learned the difference.... Yet .....

    Finally, as someone who on lots of days feels pulled in a lot of directions, I admire you for knowing the importance of knowing how important taking time for yourself is!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I live in the windiest city in Latvia. Doing my hair or using an umbrella are pointless.
    Glad you got back to your cozy safety. And your dogs are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad to hear that adorable Samson is doing better.
    Faith looks adorable too! Love the photos!
    Yes, glad you decided to stay home and safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails