Sunday, May 21, 2017

Meditation Mount, Ojai, California ~ The Path and The Views



The Path


Many people who are drawn to Ojai are on a path of some sort. Serious people with an interest in finding a path that will lead to a better life, better understanding, peace, truth, maybe even enlightenment. Rachael and I thought the inscription on this rock a very good idea. Good Will, it says. Something we truly need in our lives now.


Oleanders line the beginning of the path.


You walk through this wooden gate and


arrive in the garden that I pictured last week.


The path is not long, but the gardens are so massive, if gardens can be that. So many different plants, all so beautiful and interesting, growing together in harmony along the path.  



The Views



Ojai, is located in a valley, about 15 miles from the Pacific coast. The town is surrounded by mountains and hills. The Topatopa range, with an elevation of more than 5,000 ft., borders the valley to the north. Other mountain ranges surround the town, making for some gorgeous views from Meditation Mount. 


The climate is Mediterranean with many orange groves dotting the landscape. Since I spent springtime in Ojai all those years ago, the smell of orange blossoms evokes memories of this lovely town. 


But Ojai is more famous for its oak trees. Krishnamurti actually gave his talks in an oak grove, where all of us who came to hear this remarkable man, sat on the ground under canopies of ancient, magnificent oaks. 


Rachael and I talked about how each person we share time with in our lives, leaves us with something. And I am grateful for my eight years, plus, with Henry, who introduced me to Ojai and opened my eyes to a more thoughtful and spiritual life. He was a good man.


When you arrive at the end of the path, the views are gorgeous, amazing, and just plain beautiful. Rachael is enjoying it all here.

I will finish my Ojai posts next Sunday with some pictures of the town itself. 









21 comments:

  1. Hi Inger - I don't want it to end - looks positively wonderful ... what a great place to have spent time in - amazing views and thought areas ... so glad you had such a happy time ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ojai is really a beautiful oasis. all those plants are wonderful.. and walking it with a friend is the best part of all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible I feel so peaceful with just those gorgeous photos I can only imagine being there. Thanks for sharing.. Take care Inger. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful views and flowers. Wish I was there, seeing it in person. You take some awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Ojai but your beautiful pictures and descriptions sure makes me want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful and so peaceful. A great mediation place.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thank you So Much for taking time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A walk along those paths is so restful in itself, and the views, it would be wonderful to be there for a while and let the rest of the world and all its problems fade away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post, Inger. So many of us are Good Will Hunting.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can feel the breath leave me as peace enters. What a beautiful and serene place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful place to walk! And I love the idea of Good Will scripted on the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place- I'd love to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Inger, I went to your Mother's Day posting so I could find out more about Ojai and Meditation Mount. All the photographs reveal beauty to us and serenity. What a blessing that you went there again. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If only we could all learn to live together in the same harmony as those plants!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The views are amazing! I love it when you take photos along the way...makes me feel like I was able to go with you! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a place of serenity and peace. I haven't been here, but your photos make me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful place for walking. So peaceful and calming. I'd sure like to walk there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful gardens and views.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Orange groves - wow! I don't think that I've ever been someplace that has orange groves. The views are astounding, and the inscription "good will" is something that we all need more of in these tumultuous times. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post, dear Inger!
    The path and the garden are gorgeous! I wish I could walk with you and Rachael around this beautiful and inspiring place.
    You took a wonderful photo of Rachael enjoying this fantastic view!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails