Sunday, February 13, 2022

A Loss


 

My brother-in-law, Glenn, succumbed to the corona virus this past week.

Glenn and Errol were partners in a construction business in Los Angeles. While both could build a house from scratch, they had different but complimentary areas of expertise. 

As well as emotional makeups, Glenn being the calmer one with a more patient demeanor. 

Glenn and I became closer friends after Errol died. He helped me fix up my home here. He painted my house, took his time and made it beautiful. A paint job that will last a very long time. Glenn built a roof over a part of my patio, fixed many things, and monitored workers that came to install my floors and windows. 

Making sure I wouldn't be taken advantage of. 

Since the pandemic began, I haven't seen much of Glenn, but it felt safe to know that he was here, living in our town and would be there for me if I needed him. 

We talked on the phone, not often, just checking in. 

It's very difficult to know that we will never do that again. That I will never see him again. 

Dearest Glenn, you were such a good man, calm, considerate, and patient. 

I love you, you were the brother I no longer had, and I will miss you so very much. 

My thoughts are with my sister-in-law and their grownup children.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails