Friday, June 10, 2022

I Drove Into My Treestump!

 

I'm so happy I took some pictures of it for my blog just the other day.

Because now:


There it is, broken. 

I was so fond of my stump, don't ask me why.

I tried to righten it, without success, it's very heavy. 

So, shouldn't I be more concerned with my car, you may wonder. 

I am, it drives fine as far as I can tell. 

I found these things on the ground next to the accident site:


Little plastic knobs that I haven't seen before. 

Maybe something is coming loose underneath my car, I thought at first, but then, something underneath my car would not be secured by these tiny things. 

Or would it?

Because the stump was all the way under the front end of my car!

Jeanne, who knows about cars, is coming over this morning. I will ask what she thinks I should do.

Modern cars have that warning thing that comes on when something is wrong with the vehicle. I will drive it around here later to see if it comes on or if the car feels strange. 

I was soooo tired after I drove to Bakersfield and back, about 100 miles total the day before. 

And I was looking for my dog, and couldn't see the stump from where I stopped, hidden from sight by the front of my car.

With my short-term memory iffy, I simply forgot it was there when I started to drive again. 

Strangely enough, this is the first car mishap or accident I've had in my 58 years of driving. 

Funny/Sad memory: When my late brother-in-law, Glenn, sawed down the tree, he left the stump that high so I would be sure to see it while driving or walking. 

I asked him why he lesft it so tall. I remember that day well. 

I miss him so much. 








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails