Monday, June 6, 2022

Thank You

 my blogger friends, for your supportive comments after I messed up my blog. 

Special thanks to Sandra, Madsnapper, who is always willing to step up and help when things go awry. 


And I certainly managed to mess it up this time. By now, my  blog is pretty much the way I want it to be, with the exception of the header photo, which I would prefer be centered right above the main part of the blog, where I write my posts.  

I had also hoped to get a somewhat darker gray for the background. But if I'm stuck with my theme, Awesome, which has apparently changed since I chose to use it years ago, I guess this may be the way it stays. 

I wanted to change to get a cleaner look and remove all the photos, many sent to me by my friends, that have been there for years. Thank you Jane, Judy, Jeanne and all who contributed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, I had planned for this post to celebrate the National Day of Sweden today.

June 6th celebrates the end of the Danish-ruled Kalmar Union and the election of Gustav Vasa as King of Sweden in 1523. 

So in effect it signifies the foundation of Sweden as an independent nation. 

And, as an old Swede, I just had to mention it here. And post my  flag and my Dala horses in celebration. 


I just realized that next year it will be 500 years of independence for Sweden. I wonder if they will have big celebrations then. 













LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails