Wednesday, August 3, 2022

At Home

 


I've had fun with my cleaning projects. 

I enjoy deep cleaning bookcases and closets. It gets very dusty here since I don't have grass in my yard, just dirt. And even though I put in new windows, I just can't keep the dust out. 

Both bookcases are now done. 

I purged some books and will donate them to the Hospital Guild in town. 

When we first moved up here, I had two bookcases like this one, so at least I'm making some progress over the 16 years I've lived here. 

I have more books here and there around my house, books that were gifts, that I need to read. 

But I've been so absorbed in watching the former TV series - Madam Secretary - currently streaming on Netflix. I think this show is so good, it should be right up there with The Wire, The Sopranos, and Breaking Bad. I believe those three are the critics' favorite dramatic shows. 

When I was done with the bookcases, I started on the closet in the master bedroom and cleaned it out.

It's so much easier for me to part with clothes than with books, so after I separated the things I want to donate, I hung some of the rest outside to air out. 

Then put them all back in the closet. 


This picture came out unintentionally funny. A picture of me in the mirror of the half-closed closet door, taking a picture of the neatly arranged clothes in the other half of the closet. 

I didn't mean for this to happen or I would have tried to look a bit better, giggles...







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails