Monday, August 1, 2022

After Sunday's Post About The Drought

this happened:


It was overcast! 


Sunday morning the sky looked beautiful in a promising or threatening way, depending on your need of rain.  


I sat in my chair, which is even more dangerous for me to sit down in than it's difficult to get up from. 

I may have to ease up on my shopping moratorium and buy a decent chair. 

Anyhow, safely seated, reading the Washington Post on my Kindle Fire, I saw a picture of a house submerged in water almost to the roofline. The result of too much rain, which caused severe flooding in Kentucky.

And I felt I should not complain about our dry landscape and vanishing animals. 

We are all in this together.

There's probably little hope for anyone to escape the ravages of climate change. 

I'm glad to have lived most of my life without this threat.

I'm sorry that I have contributed to it, albeit in a comparatively small way. 

And I will deal with my dry land, dying trees, and vanishing animals as best I can. 

Finally, I was happy to see a large Jack rabbit (hare) this morning.


As of Sunday afternoon, no rain so far.

15% chance, which mostly results in no rain. 





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails