Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rattlesnake Vaccine? Who, Me? We're Going Where?


I'm getting a little worried here. When I get the leash it usually only means one thing. And it isn't good.
Mommy and I go in the car for a long time. I think I know where we are now.
See, I knew this is where she was taking me! Mommy said I had to get my rattlesnake vaccine, whatever that is. Oh well, as long as they don't try to take my temperature, I guess I'll try to be good.
And it isn't all bad; you get to meet an awful lot of nice people and some pretty doggies too.
Then this thing comes in. It almost looked like the cows next door, it was that big!
Turns out it was a dog and a boy dog at that. He immediately took a liking to me! I wasn't sure how I felt about it, I mean, I wasn't scared or anything. I could tell he was a good dog, just like me. He was just sooo big!

He came closer and closer and then he started to kiss my ear.
And then he drooled on the top of my head! Can you see the yucky spot of drool?

"Enough already," I said, and told him to go away and lay down. That he did, and then a lady came and said mommy could come to the counter and pay.
While mommy was paying, I spotted this way out and went over to see if maybe I could leave now.
No such luck, soon another girl came and I had to get on that contraption that tells you how much you weigh. This is what I weigh now – and the girl told mommy I had lost 3 pounds since last year. That made mommy real happy. I'm happy too because it may mean I can get some more dog biscuits now. I'll just go: "Please, please, mommy, remember I lost 3 pounds!"
Then we went in another room and this nice girl sat down and petted me. Then she told me I was a good doggie and, sure enough, she gave me a cookie right then and there. I wonder if it was because I lost the weight … I never felt that I got a shot or anything. After that, we were allowed to leave.
And when we got outside, mommy, who always seems to carry a camera around these days, had to take yet another picture. "Of the scenery," she said. I just wanted to get back home myself. An old dog can get a bit tired after all that excitement. And after a while we were home again. Angel and Soldier were awfully glad to see me and sniffed me all over. As for me, I think I go and take a nap now. Bye! That's all for now.

Thanks for visiting with me and mommy and we hope to see you soon again.




Posted by me -- Princess!!

12 comments:

  1. Great "dog's view" of going to the vet, I wish either of mine would be so calm! Mine start skidding their feet as soon as we get out of the car and they can smell where they are! You have one good dog there! Poor thing, to get slobbered on, that is funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That big dog helped me to get something to blog about for sure. Princess and Samson (who stays in LA with my hubby) are the two unafraid dogs at the vet. Angel, my GSD, shakes like a leaf and Soldier caused such a ruckus at the vet last time, the vet commented on his name, saying he wasn't a very brave soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rattlesnake vaccine? Really? I've never heard of such a thing. How come Angel and Soldier didn't need shots, too? The vet's a scary place - what a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL..that was cute! So you hear what they think too huh..hum..I thought that was just me that could do that!
    I didn't know there was such a thing as a rattle snake vac. I wonder how much it helps? We are a long way from a vet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great Blog from the Princess.. I can't wait to show Chuck the photos of the St. Bernard. I'm sure that is what the slobbering dog was... looked like our dog Samond (that Chuck had in the 60's in the Military). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting the vet for rattlesnake vaccine, the mind boggles. Heidi absolutely hates the vet, she shivers all over and makes a dash for the door every time it opens. Love your photo, your skies seem to go on forever.

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Princess, you write a wonderful blog. You were a very good girl, to be so brave. Since you are so far away, ask your Mommy if she will give you a dog biscuit from me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. farmgirl_dk: There is a vaccine for the Northern Pacific rattler, the kind we have here. None for the Mojave. Princess is off leash so she gets it first. Angel goes next week. Soldier and Samson when hubby comes up next.
    Julie: You better check with your vet. There is no vaccine for the Mojave rattler, so I it will depend on what kind you have there.
    Retired Girl: It was a St. Bernard cross, but Princess didn't know that. His name was Buggsy!!
    Shirl: My Soldier goes berserk at the vet. My Angel shivers and is sooo scared. Samson couldn't care less. He is a cool dog.
    Louise: Yes, she will get a cookie from you, she says thanks. You know Princess has been a bit peeved since she found out that Isobelle Golightly has her very own blog -- Princess isn't quite sure what to make of that.

    Finally, Princess: You got an email from Fiona in Texas, auntie Jan's GSD. She said you were the best looking dog in there and she said when she went to the vet last week, she SNAPPED at everybody. Imagine that -- you would never do that would you? Yes, yes, I know if someone tried to take your temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rattlesnake vaccine? Never thought of getting it for the dogs here. Luckily we haven't had any on the property, but do know they aren't that far away. Hmmmm.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hej.
    är det mycket skallerorm. ?
    Tur att det finns vaccin för djuren, här har några hundar blivit bitna av huggorm redan.

    Jag vill ge dig något ifall du vill ha det finns på min blogg.

    Ha en fortsatt fin dag
    kramen/Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh ! I so enjoyed my trip to the vet with you today ! I never knew that dogs could be vaccinated against Rattlesnakes. I suppose it is similar to a Rabies vaccination ? To help if they do get bitten ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. AJ-OAKS - I only know it works for the Northern Pacific rattler, which may be what you have there.
    Gunilla: Vi ser ett par varje ar. Sa det finns manga men man ser dem inte sa ofta. Vad spannande, jag maste titta pa din blog nu.
    Lynda: It does help, one of our dogs was bitten an survived.
    Benadryl -- antihistamine -- helps too. I may have to do a rattlesnake post soon. I have some great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails