Saturday, February 9, 2013



From those dark clouds in my previous post, snow fell in the night. About two inches, which is not much, but enough 


for my snowdog and me to find time for some play. Oh, why does snow always bring out the kid in me? 


We climbed up and down hills. Samson put his nose in every hole until his entire face was full of mud, while I enjoyed the fabulous clouds that hovered over Sugarloaf mountain.


The foreground is dark because the sun has not yet cleared the eastern mountain ridges, so what you see in the background is a reflection of sunlight on the mountains to the northwest. If that makes any sense. The sun comes over the ridges about half an hour after it rises in the desert below.


I drove to town in the afternoon to pick up a few things we needed. After I was done shopping, I stepped out into a snowstorm of large, wet, flakes that quickly made it difficult to see. When I was almost at the road that leads into the canyon, I noticed the electric lines for the railroad to the right in the picture and the regular poles to the left. They looked so cool in the mist and sleet, but I wasn't about to get out of the car to take a picture. This is what I got through the windshield. Not very good, I know. As soon as I turned into the canyon, I was greeted by sunshine and blue skies. So weird! I'll never understand mountain weather, but I enjoy it in the winter.

Then I heard about the huge storms on the eastern seaboard and my thoughts go out to those affected there. I thought about blogger friends and could only come up with J.P. in Connecticut, Lori Skoog, and Louise in New York state. So if you guys read this, I hope you are OK, that you have power, and that you didn't lose any large trees. 

And then I wondered why I don't know any more bloggers on the East coast. I mean the U.S. north east ~ I can't think of anyone else. Let me know if you are out there, please........





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails