Thursday, June 29, 2017

Samson Is OK ~ But I Need A Break



Samson is doing very well. We walked for 10 minutes yesterday and I will keep that up for a week or so and then increase the time. His sway back, that I noticed after he was groomed, is due to loss of muscle and he is weak in general and needs a slow buildup. He's not alone, I do too.


I read up on Cushing's syndrome and will discuss it with the vet. I was actually the one who brought it up with him, referring to my experience with another dog and medicines resulting in liver failure. The vet then said that Samson has the steroid version of Cushing's, but at that point I was done for and ready to go home. I guess I also had to absorb that and think about it before I discussed it further. It was a very long vet visit with lots of information provided and questions answered.


Samson needs a lot of my attention right now, meals and meds at set times, and so on. In addition to this, I am in the midst of an escrow and the ginormous number of forms that need to be reviewed, signed and mailed back (15 miles drive to the post office) or docu-signed. Love that one can now sign online. 

Good thing is that the dangerous heat wave has broken and temps are more normal for June, early July. I normally don't even put on my air conditioner until August, so the June heat was truly an aberration.


So I will take a blogging break for a week or two, but before I go, I want to say this:

Thank you so much, once again, for your friendship and for making me feel so loved and cared for. You are such genuine, caring, and beautiful people. Thanks for being there for me.

Because you know, there's one huge thing that is different for me now: Errol is not here to help with Samson, with the emotional support one needs when someone you love is ill. I didn't think it would matter so much, but it does. 

P.S. I'm not selling my house here in the canyon. 


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails