Tuesday, August 14, 2018

My 9th Blog Anniversary ~ And My Very First Post


August 14, 2009 I posted this:




Last Monday was the big day: the Wild Blue satellite arrived and was installed by two guys from Gilroy. They were pretty efficient and got everything working for me. So now that I have high-speed Internet, the time has come for me to finally start my blog. I have discussed this with Princess to see how she feels about having her own Dog Blog and she seems excited about it. You know I'll need a partner in crime and some help with all these new things.



Looking at the picture, I'm struck by a couple of things: 

My van has sat in the same place since then, and who knows for how long before. It was a great van, but we never had the time to really enjoy it, and, as far as I'm concerned, should never have bought it. It belongs to Glenn now, but I doubt he will ever find what he needs to fix the totally chewed up electric in the engine. A rabbit lived there, and went at it, chewing everything up. The old van will probably end up in a junk yard, which is sad. I feel bad I didn't take better care of it.  

How awful those windows in our house were. The almost constant high winds here whistled through those old windows and my German shepherd dog, Angel, used to howl with the wind. Cute, but not funny in the long run. So glad I was able to replace them. I'm saving lots on heating and cooling now. 

I'm not sad, looking back. I guess it's like the situation with the master bedroom. I couldn't sleep in there for three years, but now I can. Looking back to 2009 feels only interesting and fun. I've accomplished a lot around here. I have put both my house and my life in order and it feels good.

Finally, looking at my posts from 2009, I found this photo of me in my best hat ever:



I bought it at the Farmers Market in Los Angeles. I wore it every day after I moved here, and loved it so. I've never found a hat to match it. It finally fell apart. Miss you, hat. 







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails