Thursday, October 20, 2011

Samson's Summer Adventures: Samson Meets the Cows

Samson Says:


Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great summer and  missed me lots. I had a great summer except for Mommy not taking me to the library so I could blog. (I still don't believe  dogs aren't allowed in there; most likely she's just jealous cause I get the nicest comments on my posts,)


My Daddy was here almost all the time and took us for walks every morning. After that he got very busy with his veggie garden and ignored us...but we had some adventures and here's one:


OK, so I know there are cows in the field by the road where we go walking, but they're usually far away. Then one day, they came closer and closer. Angel was her curious self and pulled me up with her to check them out.


This one looked kind of friendly at first, but hey, do you know how big a cow is?


Huge, they're huge! So when he put his head down, Angel flew in front of me to protect me and I jumped back and up in Daddy's arms. Daddy almost went flying on his rear end, you know I'm a big dog, but he managed to steady himself. Yeah, so I got a bit scared, I did. My heart was beating real fast! But Angel was very brave though, I must say that for her, old as she is and all. 



Then Angel went to barking and barking and I soon joined in. But instead of scaring the cows away, we got another one coming. Just as big, but black and white. 


Here they all are, but I really would prefer they stay at the other end of the field so I won't have to bother with all that barking and stuff. 


Have a nice day everyone!


Posted by Samson, the Samoyed Pup



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Inger. You must be so happy to have a working computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures and I enjoyed this different narrative perspective!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could feel myself relaxing and getting more peaceful just looking at these pictures...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bet that was exciting! glad you didn't knock the master down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're posting pictures again. Check out the photographer I emailed you about today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samson, you should have seen Sophie on her first encounter with a cow this summer! She was like Angel but from the car window....she thought I was foolish to be so near it taking photos!
    Just love your countryside.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Samson! So glad that your mama is back to blogging.. I sure missed you all! I can see why you thought that big ol' cow looked scary to you. Gracie probably would've done the same thing. (she sends her love, by the way)
    Angel is a real trooper! I hope you are enjoying these cool fall days..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Samson, it's so good to see a post from you and hear from your Mom too!! I've missed you all and have missed reading about adventures just like this one!!

    It's good to have you back!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Samson! I missed you (and your mommy) so much. You really need to be careful around those cows. Buck likes to jump up and bark at Gracie, our heifer and one day, I think she accidentally bit him on the nose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a big cow! And kind of pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading this post was the perfect start to my morning:)) Great story, Samson!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samson Says: See Mommy, they all missed me! Thank you all for your nice comments. Gracie, I'm so glad to be back and you look so cute. Sophie, I don't thin cows are that bad any more. Wait until you meet a donkey! Yes, Mommy and I are very happy to have a computer so we can talk to you all again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So great to see you up and running again! I had wondered!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Samson, that is so funny! I think the cows were lonesome. Maybe they had never seen pretty dogs before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Samson! Glad you didn't hurt your Dad when you jumped in his arms. Surprised you are such a chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails