Friday, April 1, 2022

Memories



Looking through my blog photos the other day, I came upon this one of me at an elevation of 12,095 feet, unthinkable now with my present breathing issues. 

The year was 1969, I was 29 and on my way to get a no-fault divorce in Idaho. One of the few states that offered them at the time. 

I have a talent for making adventures out of adversity. 

This may or may not be true, however. 

It could also be called having fun while running away from issues and negative things. 

That perhaps need to be dealt with. 

But that's a story for another day.

This journey to Idaho Falls set the stage for where the rest of my life would be lived. 

I fell in love with the American West, the mountains, the wide open spaces, the high deserts, the skies at nights, so many stars...

It took a few years, but I've lived in California since 1972, and as it turned out, this was the best place for me to spend the rest of  my life. 











LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails