Friday, April 8, 2022

Where Did All The $$$ Go And More

 

A while back, my toilet got unmentionably and horribly stopped up. After it cost me a couple of hundred dollars to get that fixed, I decided I'd had enough and bought a new fabulous toilet.

Then it cost me $230.00 to have a dude come from Home Depot to install it. 

But: 

I'm in love with my toilet! 

Best of all it has what's called "comfortable" height.

Since I updated my toilet, I decided it would be a good time to have my septic tank cleaned out. We last had that done in 2012, so ten years seemed perfect. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've always been good with piles, getting rid of paperwork, and so on. 

No more.

I needed INSPIRATION!

I had an old two-drawer file cabinet, rusty on top, with inserts to hang files on, for some reason crooked. I think I got both them and the cabinet second hand years ago. 

Looking at the stuff, I decided a new 2-drawer file cabinet would be just the thing to inspire me. 

This is what I got:


I'm so glad I got a black one, it looks really good next to my computer table's black legs and frame. 

And now I'm in love with it too!

And please don't ask about the handcuff, in case you noticed it. I inherited the table from my father-in-law's office. And it came with the handcuff attached!

I'm also happy that I unpacked the cabinet, moved it into my second bedroom, and screwed in the handles all by myself. I've been relying on Mark so much, I was beginning to feel sort of helpless. And decided to put a stop to that. All Mark did was to take the old file cabinet to the dump. 


I put the files on the bed in my other bedroom/office and I'm now going through them. They will be emptied of a lot of papers I no longer want or need. And then put into my new file cabinet. 

I'm so happy I started this project and will be even more so once it's finished.  

In one file folder, I found two precious photos, one of Samson as a puppy, one of Errol unloading some Italian tile from his pickup truck. Errol was working hard and not happy to have his picture taken, but Samson was so cute, I had to frame him.


Wasn't he just the cutest puppy?

Now, there's only one more thing I want/need. A single shelf for plants to put next to my dining area window. Which is large and gets the morning sun.


I have these three plants sitting on my dining table, which is OK, since I'm not exactly known for my dinner parties.  But now that I'm learning about orchids, I want to buy at least one more and some other plants as well.


The spider plant sits in the living room on an antique stand with a deep drawer and shelf below. I decided the drawer would be perfect for my tools, and it has been. And the plant fits well above it. 

And after spending money on both fun and much needed stuff, a crown came loose in my mouth. 

So next week I will have a rootcanal done and a post inserted for the new crown. Fortunately, I don't have to pay for the crown. I believe because had they put the crown on a post to begin with, it would have stayed on. 

It makes me feel good that my dentist is not only a really cool guy, but also a fair one.

And I have dental insurance, so $300 for the rootcanal and post. 

Without insurance it would have been $600 or more. 

Thank you dear University of California for all your great benefits.







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails