Thursday, April 21, 2022

Rust ~ Post No. 37




Three large diesel engines sit in one of my fields down below. Many years ago, a man came and said they belonged to him.  Which was not exactly true since they had been abandoned in our field. But I would have gladly let the man take them away.

However, Errol, who had a difficult time parting with things, said "No."

And now, many years later, the engines are still here, rusting away. This box of stuff is there too. 

The engines are super heavy, so they will still be in my field when I'm gone. 

Not being able to part with things is both sad and very annyoing to me. 

But then I always had enough, while Errol was one of nine children. I know they were not poor and had enough of food and essentials. 

But with that many kids, everything had to be shared and I'm sure there were many things the kids may have wanted but couldn't have. So maybe this need to keep stuff came from that. 

And I shouldn't judge. 


Ooophs, I posted this one yesterday by mistake. First time that ever happened. 





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails