Friday, July 22, 2022

At Home



Today, Thursday, July 21, is the last of my doctors' appointments for this round. 

While I'm hugely grateful for the good results of my medical tests, I'm also glad to be done for now. 

I'm so looking forward to a calendar full of blank squares for each day. 

And just staying home. Cleaning. Resting. Playing with my dog.


Who, as you can see, is at risk of becoming a couch potato. As am I. 

Our walks have suffered. I have much to work on. 

And strangely, in the middle of a heatwave, with no central air conditioning, I decided to start cleaning out my two book cases and purge a lot of their content. 

The one in my bedroom is done and it looks neat and clean now. 


As you can see, there's room for more books here. I will go through the larger one in my living room and then decide how to organize the books. 

Maybe my favorites can go in the bedroom. 

My donation pile is growing.

Then my wonderful outdoor rocking chair that I got from Joyce broke. It was one of hers and I loved it so much, she just gave it to me a few years ago. That's how Joyce is. One couldn't have a better neighbor.


I'm sure it's beyond repair and I will miss it so much.

So I went to the shed and dragged out my old lawnchair. It's large and comfortable, but doesn't rock and is difficult for old folks like me to get up and out of.


But I hosed it off and put in on my patio. 

It will have to do for now. 

Because, you see, I have placed a moratorium on my shopping. 

With an indefinite ending date.


Have a great day!











LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails