Sunday, November 13, 2011

For Sharon -- More Kindness to Share



This Sunday morning I'm still reflecting on the kindness of others and I want to share something I discovered yesterday. Many of you know Sharon, whose blog I Forget What I Forgot replaced her earlier blog about her life with, among others, her two dogs, Jack and Jill.

Sharon is disabled, she has to use oxygen to breath, she can no longer play much with Jack and Jill, but what she can do is think of others, be kind, thoughtful, caring, and loving. And she is funny too! I think Sharon is an exceptional woman of strength. 

Sharon likes rocks and no wonder, she is just as strong. Oh, how I wish she could see this place where rocks abound to make ramparts on top of hills and stand sentry to protect us all here in the canyon. 


When I last visited Sharon's blog, I noticed something in her left sidebar. Something I had not seen before: My Soldier's name! Then I read the rest and saw what this wonderful woman has done: She has, under the heading Please Send Love, noted the names people whose blogs she follows and who are seriously ill. Next follows another request: Send Puppy Love, and there it was: Riley and Soldier. No stoic Swede me, this brought tears to my eyes. So I wanted to let everyone know about Sharon and ask you to: Please Send Huge Amounts of Love and Hugs to her. 

Thank you, Sharon, for thinking of me. Sending lots of hugs and good wishes to you. And also to all the rest of you very kind humans who sent so much love and get well wishes to me.

21 comments:

  1. Sharon is amazing and omg she makes me laugh so very often....my favourite blog entry is when she took pictures of herself in the wind (hair blower). And yes you are right....kindness, funny and always thinking of others best describe Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear Sharon now! What's all this about!?
    Sharon was one of the first people I 'met' in blogville and she caught my attention right away.
    Through all her ailments she has managed to keep her sense of humour and keen eye! I tell you this woman is very talented and never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puppy Toes and Puppy Love. What a wonderful blogging friend you have in Sharon. Hope your weekend is bright and cheerful.
    Manzanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon sounds like an amazing person. I shall visit her blog right away. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon is an amazing friend and a strong and stubborn soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am constantly amazed at how many wonderful people there are out there in bloggerland. Sharon sounds like someone we would all like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon is almost always the first one to comment on my blog and I love her sense of humor! She is a very warm and caring person and I am so glad that I have met her through blogging!

    Let's not forget to tell her how great she is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon is an inspiration to all of us who follow her. And this is a beautiful tribute to such a good friend:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Inger,

    Thank you for your kind words and praise, I don't think I'm all that great, I just do what I can do and I assure you, it's not much. I am glad that you like my 'Send Love To" on my blog, it is a reminder for me and anyone who has found it, to send at least one daily prayer, good vibes, healing energy, or whatever people do - for our loved ones on the blogs. I hope Soldier is doing better, glad that sling helps!

    I would really love it if I could climb your wonderful rocks, I appreciate when you post pictures of your beautiful area. Thank you! You are such a Dear Heart!

    I will do my best to get this sent today, my wireless is really useless today, it will only let me see part of things and then it will lose signal and reset. It's a very cloudy, windy day, I don't understand if that has anything to do with it or not. I've had problems for several days now.

    Have a great afternoon and evening - and thanks for boosting my morale!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post and very thoughtful -for someone so deserving as Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How thoughtful.
    Blogland is full of wonderful people.
    A beautiful post here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love our little blogging community we have put together. So many different kinds of people -- but very kind people.

    Sharon is a love and I enjoy her visits to my blog so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are so many sweet, loving and thoughtful people in this world no matter what the news wants to tell us. I think you've come across one in Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon is definitely a treasure! She is thoughtful and kind and she makes me laugh... This is such a nice post Inger, You, are another treasure!!
    I hope Soldier is doing better. I'm still on bloggie break but it's hard not to peek in now and again.. lol. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon has always seemed like a friend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic photos, five questions are a good tribute to sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful idea by a truly caring person. Multiplying thoughts and prayers can only help with results.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your comments -- of course, I knew most of you know Sharon already and if you don't I hope you will visit her blog. There's wisdom and humor there as well the caring. And Sharon, I am glad you liked this and that it cheered you up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos and a touching story about your blogging friend, Sharon. She sounds like a real gem. I was sorry to hear about Soldier and I pray he heals up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What I've noticed lately is the number of people or animals that are sick and ailing. Kind of sad....I hope the healing vibes of a 4 legger helps anyone who wants to let them in....~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~here they come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails