Monday, June 13, 2011

Responding to Your Comments on My Brittle Bones



Welcome Jesus te ama! a new follower of Desert Canyon Living and another follower who blogs in Portuguese. 


I enjoy your comments and though I don't always address each one in my responses, I appreciate each one very much. Sometimes your comments are so interesting and helpful that I feel I need to dedicate a post to getting back to you. And so it was with the comments on my June 11, 2011 post. 




texwisgirl: In addition to being hot at 20 and not knowing it, you must have been the cutest little girl on the block. Every time I see you picture on one of the blogs we both follow, I smile. Of course, we both know what is important in life: Having a round ranch, a pond visited by birds of many colored feathers, a nice hubby, horses, dogs, and being able to record all this with fantastic photos. Believe me, you are one terrific woman.


Christine: I hope you had a nice weekend too. Thanks for understanding my whining. I hope it is over for now. I'm
working on it.


Deb: Yes, it is good it was caught early. Now I just have to figure out what to do about it.




Rosalind Adam: Thank you for the information. I'm considering all options as I don't like pills either. I love cats, they have very healing qualities. There is nothing like having a cat sitting on your chest or tummy, purring and keeping you warm, when you don't feel well.


fishducky: Wow, now you are picking up Swedish slang words! I am so impressed. Funkar is slang for fungerar, which means functions (well, that was kind of easy, I guess). Yes, Judith's books are great, thank you so much for sending them.



Farmchick: Yes, I hope I find the right treatment as some of the side effects of these drugs are pretty serious. 


Kim, Happy Belated 50th Birthday!


Kim: I saw the raven chicks when they were sort of small. The other day, they were beautiful, sleek, young birds ready to take off into the world. Hope you had a nice weekend and a wonderful birthday. 




Patti: I do agree that it is important to keep moving. Before my accidents (I had three in the last year) I moved a lot. I started back this morning, which is why this post is late. Also, thanks for pointing out that medicines may not be so bad after all, considering the alternative. I have managed until now with just my insulin, so I guess I should be grateful for that. I know people my age and younger who are not as fortunate. So thanks for those good words. 


Bobbi: I didn't say I will take Fosomax, just that the doctor suggested it. I have to talk to my second opinion doctor and do research before I decide what to do. I trust him more than the one that I saw up here. Exercise helps everything, well, most things. I'm so glad my canyon pictures make you feel good. You have no idea how much that means to me. Thanks for letting me know.


Nan: Happy 70th Birthday This Week! 

Nan: If I figured it correctly, your birthday is one week ahead of mine. As I said to Bobbi above, I haven't made any decisions about drugs yet. And I know there are terrible side effects from some of the ones that are supposed to help with brittle bones. My bones were not bad and now that my back is better, I will start working outside and walking again. I can't lift anything much right now, but that will come in time. Being a skinny Scandinavian who used to smoke and had other risk factors, I'm actually happy that I didn't encounter these problems earlier. I had a Swedish friend whom I knew since we were four. She broke her hip at age 63 or 64, then got addicted to pain meds, messed up her liver and kidneys, and died at 68. Such a waste and so sad.




Barbee: I agree that these comments are so wonderful and interesting. That's why I just had to devote this post to them. Yes, Angel is my girl. She follows me everywhere I go. She will be 13 in October and if I get up to go to the next room, up she goes. Of course, as soon as Daddy leaves, the two boys act like I'm the love of their lives. They know where their food comes from, that's all I have to say about them.


Samantha: Yes, I will do research and get my second and maybe even third opinions. Thanks for the good wishes. 




Manzanita: My friend Fran (fishducky) wanted to cheer me up so she sent me several of Judith's books. I loved the one when she was 30, back in the 1960s. I was married to my first husband back then and recognized so much stuff I had forgotten about. No wonder I forgot since the marriage didn't last, but that's another story. So she is 80 now, good for her. I'm sure her sense of humor is keeping her going strong. 


Thanks again for your comments -- I hope you enjoyed mine back at you.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails