Monday, June 20, 2011

This and That From the Canyon


Welcome edu-mattos1, yet another new follower who blogs in Portuguese. I am assuming you are from Portugal, please correct me if I am wrong. The photos on his blog are incredible and will make you, and yes even me, want to go there. Please check them out here: http://trilhasonoradanatureza.blogspot.com/


I know exercise is important for my bones and since I hate the pure exercise idea so much, I'm wondering if there is anywhere I could find out how pure old-fashioned work rates as exercise. This morning I vacuumed the house and mopped the kitchen and dining area floors. Not much work if you are young, I know, but it must rate as something for exercise. For the above branches, I had to stretch to cut some of them down, I had to bend to pick them up, and then push the wheelbarrow to the dump place up a hillside. It, too, must count for something and all this is work I love to do.


I also love to walk, but cut back a lot after last year's accidents. Starting again, I measured the walk to the mailboxes, using our old Ford Ranger's trip meter, there and back it came to .6 miles; for now I walk it once a day. I am starting with that and will increase it. 


Samson Says: Thank you, all you nice persons, for your comments on my poem. I have to show Angel that you think I have a romantic side. She thinks I'm just pushy, but then she's old, so that's maybe why. She just wants to be left in peace.

Me again: I got tagged! This is the first time that ever happened to me. I got tagged by Rosalind Adam, a writer, who blogs from Leicester in the UK. I will tend to that later, it should be fun. Maybe I should write my memoirs since I seem to like to talk about myself so much. Hmmm..........


My blogging project is going slowly, much because my computer was going slow and acting up, kicking me out of Google Chrome a lot. I signed up for a cleanup program 30-day trial from AOL, and I think it is working because things seem to go faster. I still have around 60 blogs to visit. 


Yesterday, I got hooked by a book, Divine Justice, by David Baldacci, and didn't even open my computer. Secret Service/FBI rouge guys and so on. A fast and fun book that one just had to finish that day. This author, whose name I have seen around but never read, was recommended to me by my friend Fran. 


My husband is coming home today. Tomorrow is my birthday. It is also the longest day of the year; the summer solstice; the first day of summer. (BTW, I have no idea where you put semicolons, I just stick them in where I think they will look good!) In Sweden it is gorgeous this time of the year with the midnight sun or at least the light nights in my hometown of Stockholm, which is further south. Those of you living in Alaska, Canada, Norway.....it must be so beautiful there too right now. And, I will be 71. Yet another reason to enjoy each day. Have a good one, everyone!


Hubby just called he's in the canyon, so I gotta go!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails