Monday, February 6, 2012

A Friend in Need -- Asking for Your Help




A long time ago now, I met on the blogs a woman who called herself Hopeful. I later found out her name is Sylvia. 
She  lived with her partner Amy in Joshua Tree, California, where they were working to get a small ranch going. They built a shed, they built a chicken coup, their chickens arrived, Sylvia  had a horse, and of course, they had several dogs. Even though Amy had been diagnosed with melanoma several years earlier, they were hopeful and their blog was about the joy of building something for a future together. It was filled with joy and hope.  


Last year, Amy got worse and has now been diagnosed with Stage 4 melanoma. They had to leave their ranch and move to San Diego in order to get medical care for her. Now they live with friends and they have only one dog with them. Sylvia has opened her business in San Diego, but it will be a while before she makes any real money. Right now they have very little money and have to rely on friends for a place to stay. Yesterday, on her blog, she asked for help. Sylvia feels, and I agree, that Amy needs a place of her own, surrounded by the dogs she loves, and her familiar things. They have found a place where they can keep all their dogs. The rest of their animal family are with various friends and I think their home in Joshua Tree is up for sale. 



Sylvia has always been hopeful, she has never complained, and never asked for any help. I really wanted to help, but I could only send a small donation. In general, I don't mind not having the kind of money I used to have, but when something like this happens, I just hate not having enough to give to make a difference. 



But then I remembered how kind my blogger friends are and I thought that maybe I could do something by simply asking you to help with a donation. It will go strictly to renting this place for them. Sylvia is desperate to provide the best care and environment for Amy; she wants Amy to have her beloved dogs by her side, and be surrounded by familiar things. I could just feel Amy's joy and the joy of her dogs as they would reunite in this place Sylvia found for them. So that's why I'm asking for your help. Any small donation will make a difference. 


 If you can help, please click here. It should take you to Sylvia's post for Sunday, February 4, 2012. There is a Paypal button in the post. I know Sylvia will be grateful for anything you can do to help their situation and bring some light into Amy's life. If you cannot help with money, please keep Amy and Sylvia in your prayers and thoughts. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. 




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails