Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Fever-Induced Google Nightmare, Updates, and Thank You All!




Thank you so much for your comments, your concerns and well wishes. And welcome to several new followers. I will not be able to catch up with you for a while yet, but I will and I will follow your blogs as well. 
I still have the flu, but am feeling a bit better, so I thought I would provide an update here. As some of you know, I am not happy with Google as far as Blogger goes. I hear that Apple and others are also upset, so maybe some changes in general will take place, but I doubt it will help Blogger. My latest Google/Blogger gripe is this: I like to keep my mouse point on the screen as I proofread (it helps old ladies like me to stay on point) and now every time this blurb pops up called Composition Editor. And covers the stuff I am trying to proof read and edit! As with the two word word verification fiasco, no one asked me if I needed a Composition Editor, whatever that is. I am a technical writer, proof reader and editor, so no thank you and please get this irritating thingy off my posts. 
I had quite a bit of a fever last week as my flu took hold and you will not believe this, but it's true. I had just watched The Tudors on BBC America, so I know why I ended up in the dungeons of the Tower of London. While there, I dreamt I saw a man turning a sort of large tube with a handle. He was dressed in white with a large Google Chrome sign on his chest. I was shocked to see that what he was  rolling up on that tube was my blog! He somehow got into the computer and was confiscating my entire blog! I could see parts of it flashing by on sheets of paper as it was being wound around this tube. I recognized the pictures! A weird dream, wasn't it? What do you think it means, if anything? (And yes, Google/Blogger spell checker: dreamt is as correct as dreamed.)

When you have diabetes and you fight any kind of infection, your blood sugar go through the roof. I had horrible pains in my feet and legs in addition to all the flu pains and I was so grateful that I had just passed my annual retina and eye  exam. I was way too sick to deal with my diabetes properly until yesterday, when I decided to just focus on reducing my carb intake and eat a lot of protein. That was a huge help with the only side effect that I am very, very hungry. 


I have felt so bad for the dogs and it has also been interesting to observe their reactions to both of us being so ill. Soldier is the same. He has no clue, he whines in the mornings because he doesn't get to walk, then calms down, and then whines for his dinner and then goes to sleep. I told him I will rename him Whiny Winny if he doesn't cut it out. Angel is concerned, she sniffs our faces, she sits and looks at us, she worries about our coughing attacks; then she tip toes to the front door, like hint, hint, can we please go for a walk. Samson has been the best! Since he is less than three years old, I am very impressed. He has been quiet, cooperative, concerned, obedient and  not made a noise. I keep telling him what a good dog he is, I think he knows. 


On another subject, I am extremely concerned about my blogger friend Sylvia. I helped with a fund raiser for her and her partner Amy, who is fighting Stage 4 melanoma. No one has heard anything after the successful fund raising ended. I wrote another comment on her blog before I got sick and just checked and there was no response. So many other people wrote back and asked her to please let them know what is going on. I will keep you informed if I learn anything.


And then it snowed and it melted and it snowed again. And there was more pogonip in the mountains. Now someone doubted we had pogonip because it doesn't get cold enough. Well, that's true, we are at 4,141 feet here in the canyon, while it's in the teens at night, it warms up pretty fast. But peaks of both Double Mountain and Tehachapi mountain are at about 8,000 feet and it gets cold enough there. The pogonip I see looking east is in the Sierra Nevada and I have no idea how tall those peaks are. Of course, I had no idea what pogonip was, never hear of it either, but fortunately we have an excellent local newspaper that has a wonderful naturalist and photographer who writes a nature piece each and every week. I have learned so much from him about the local flora and fauna and that's where I learned about pogonip. So I just wanted to share. I zoomed in on the picture above, but it is still difficult to see the high peaks in the faraway distance. 
As soon as I feel better, I will get back to blogging. I miss you all and hope you take good care and have a nice rest of the week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails