Saturday, February 11, 2012

This and That on a Saturday Morning



It's raining again and as those who follow my blog regularly know, that's great news. Very little is coming down, but it's better than nothing. We enjoyed our trip down the mountain to Bakersfield the other day, but I was upset I didn't bring my camera. On the highway, we passed several trucks with the Oversize signs and what they carried were blades from the wind turbines. Those blades are enormous and I'm sorry I can't show them to you. When we got to the doctor's office, we found that spring had arrived in the city. Ornamental fruit trees were in blossom all around and all kinds of colorful spring flowers bloomed in large stone containers. More reasons for me to miss my camera. 


My eyes are in great shape, no diabetes complications, and 20/20 vision with glasses on my left eye. My right eye has a small cataract that the doctor said would take many years to develop into a problem. He said my eyes were great for my age. Talk about age, dear Dee Ready, the person you thought might be me in that photo is just about 30 years younger than I. Born in 1940, I'm just a few years younger than you.  Now, of course, I do hope you will read this post. If not, everyone else may wonder what that was all about. 


I'm very upset with this ticker tape that's running at the top of my blog. I tried to get rid of it by wasn't successful. And then they have all these offers for advertising that I don't want to clutter up my blog with. I'm really upset about this.
I also clicked on that offer to, what I thought was to try, the newer Google version of Blogger, and found that I can't get out of it. So now I can only blog in Google Chrome because my other browsers, like AOL, cannot support it. I want to get back to the old-fashioned way, but can't figure out how to do it. Or if Google tricked me and it isn't possible. 
Then a friend said she would not leave comments any longer because Google wants her to sign up for something new so they can access her accounts or something like that.  She has commented all along since I started my blog. I'm waiting for her to respond to my questions about this.
And one final complaint, the font size on my Dashboard and when I leave comments in some popup screens, has gotten so small that I can barely read the words. Has this happened to anyone else? I will research these issues in the days to come, I haven't yet. If anyone has any ideas about this stuff, I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails