Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting for the Rain and a Huge Thank You



The canyon is waiting


for the rain.


Dark clouds gather,


and the canyon is waiting.....


When the rain came, there was so little of it,


not even the old truck got clean.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I took the above pictures and wrote the little ditty the other day, when I was hoping for a lot of rain. That didn't happen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you all for your contributions helping Sylvia reach her goal of getting a place for her and Amy. Sylvia says thanks to my followers who were so generous, thanks for everything, your messages, prayers, money, and good thoughts. In an update on her blog, Sylvia wrote that an old friend of hers saw her need and offered a matching contribution of up to $2,500. I believe this would enable them to get a house to rent until Sylvia's practice begins to generate more income. Sylvia is still keeping the Paypal button open, in case anyone else would like to contribute. Thanks again! 
Today, hubby and I are off to Bakersfield to see my ophthalmologist for my annual retina check up. Since I have type 1 diabetes, I have my eyes checked every year. As everyone, type 1 or type 2, should. I also need new eye glasses, so I will get that process started. Have a great day, everyone, and thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails