Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blogger Trouble and an Update




I spent time writing what I think was a pretty nice post that I was going to post today. But Blogger wouldn't let me! As I was doing a final edit, a warning appeared, stating that my changes were not being saved. Additionally, I was unable to preview the post. It wouldn't load, it said. Try again, it said. So I did for a few times, but patience being the one virtue I have still not learned, I decided to move on. So here I am, with not a single idea of what to say. Maybe I should ask if anyone else has had this problem. Feedback will be appreciated.


The first two pictures are from our walks yesterday morning. The last one is an evening picture. Not the best, but I wanted to see if they would load and they did. Maybe I could let you know what I've seen around here when I didn't have my camera. The cutest thing was the other day, when Soldier and I came home from our walk and a covey of quail came running across the road. There were over 50 chicks, probably closer to 75, and they were probably on one of their very first outings, that's how small they were. Several sets of parent accompanied them. In order to not panic them further, I stopped and just watched them all stream across the road into the juniper trees. 


I also saw a young deer, only one, running across a hillside the other morning. And many, many rabbits. This is the best rabbit year we've had since we got the place seven years ago. Yesterday evening, I saw two rabbits play fighting, hopping over each other, and rolling around. I took some pictures, but didn't catch much of their play. 
Other than that, I am done purging my books. Aww, that's sooo difficult! I hate getting rid of books, but had to harden my heart and just do it. I donated them to the library and a thrift store that supports the homeless in Bakersfield. I still don't have room for my new books, I guess I should get a Kindle, but I'm not sure.....It would solve that problem, of course.


The dogs are OK. Soldier is showing more signs of his age. He is twelve this year. His hind legs don't look good to me and I give him a pain pill every night now. But he's hanging in there. He walks for half an hour every morning, he just points his nose in the direction of the mailboxes and puts one paw in front of the other and marches on. He is an inspiration to me.


Samson is looking like a junk yard dog, thanks to my raking, pulling fur, and brushing him. I thought he was going to come out looking pretty, but right now he just looks funny! And skinny! I got rid of lots of fur, but we aren't done yet. I will post more pictures soon. Right now, I just laugh when I look at him. Discreetly, of course, so he won't know. 

It's getting hot here too now. It's in the upper 90s in the canyon, a bit cooler in town. Tomorrow we're going to a birthday party for our nephew, who is 37! We will celebrate July 4th with his family up here in our town. So no long drive, which is great!

Hope everyone has a nice fourth of July!









LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails