Monday, July 16, 2012

Ruffled Feathers ~ A Bird Story



OK, so I stand here on my roof, enjoying the view, and minding my own business.


When suddenly I hear the sound of wings above my head. I look around. NO, you don't! Sit down here, this is MY roof!


A big old white bird with a crook in his neck lands on MY roof and totally ignores me. He thinks very highly of himself, I can just tell.


Let's see if I can scare him away: "Hey, you bird with the crook in your neck, get off this roof! Get off, I'm telling you, this is MY roof!"


Well, that didn't work. He just turned the other way and he's still ignoring me. This is a very annoying situation. I can tell he thinks very highly of himself, long neck, white feathers and all.


Let's see if I just ignore him, then maybe he'll fly away.


Nope, that didn't work and now he's looking like he's coming after me.


My feathers are ruffled and I'm greatly annoyed, but I will stay in my spot and look for my peace to return. 






Photos are from Marina del Rey, California. I took them some years ago and found them again on that disk with over 1,000 pictures that I had forgotten about in one of my drawers. Sometimes, it pays off to clean house, in more ways than one. Have a nice day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails