Sunday, July 8, 2012

Montana Fires and More -- Asking for Help Again




In the spring, when I took my camera to the other side of town, I came upon this oak grove. I'm posting it now because it presents such a contrast to the dangerously dry and scary July landscape around here. Wild fires are always on my mind in the summer and I'm so grateful my hubby is retired and living here now. Nothing bad is going on here, but in Montana, over 200,000 acres have burned and our blogger friend Feral Woman has been seriously affected. While waiting to find out if they needed to evacuate, the fire bore down on them so violently, they had to flee to their greenest field, driving through fire to get there. One of their cats got loose and injured, but has a chance to live. Their horses were singed, but the vet said they should be OK. They can't leave their property and their horses need hay.
You can read about the fire here and on two subsequent posts. Please visit her and send her your support and hugs.


If you would like to help Feral Woman and others affected by the fires in Montana, I know of two blogger friends that have Red Cross buttons on their blogs where you can donate. Any small amount will be welcome, of course. My two friends are Nancy at http://www.aruraljournal.com/  and TexWisGirl at http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.com/

Reading blogs, you learn about tragedies that affect people's lives and this is one such event. So sudden, so scary, and so amazing that they survived. Please try to help, just a few dollars will make a difference, I'm sure. Thank you my generous blogger friends. 


I'm not posting that Red Cross button here because I'm having some problems with my blog. I have decided to take a few days off from blogging. I may visit you, but I won't post anything because I want to figure out how this new blogger interface works. I also need to update some of my programs. Yesterday, Gracie, Bobbi's dog and Samson's girlfriend, sent him a video that we cannot open. I'm sure we will or Samson will be so disappointed. I got notes to update my Adobe Flash and my Explorer so I need to do that. 



I also have over 100 emails, not that they all need to be read, but some do and will need responses. And I need to clean my computer and delete files and on and on. You know how it goes, taking pictures and blogging is just so much fun, you keep going and going and if you don't keep up on the maintenance, sooner or later you will be stuck. And I fear I'm heading in that direction now. So I will be back in a few days. 






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails